Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women often the aggressors in domestic violence

See attached.

Researches found that women were far more likely to instigate violence than men (70%) vs. (29%).

So what?

Men are and can be victims of abuse.
    Media and politicians need to recognize that abuse goes both ways and provide appropriate funding for women AND men.
    Many men have complained that THEY are the ones that get arrested when calling the police on a domestic violence charge against their ex.
    We need to change the perception that only men can abuse.

Source: Daniel Whitaker, American Journal of Public Health

In case the attachment does not work:
    https://i.redd.it/j8fuyrhi8sk41.jpg
    Attached Files

where's the link to the actual peer-reviewed article?

also, you sound nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      where's the link to the actual peer-reviewed article?

also, you sound nuts.
      He sounds like a victim either of physical abuse or a false allegation that is unable to cope in a healthy way.

It isn't easy getting over being victimized but is it almost always doable.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
        He sounds like a victim either of physical abuse or a false allegation that is unable to cope in a healthy way.

Agree with this..the physical scars heal quicker then the emotional scars.

Comment

False accusations used to try to gain a tactical advantage in Family Court usually get flushed out in court. If they are indeed false, its a huge red mark on one who made the false allegations.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
            False accusations used to try to gain a tactical advantage in Family Court usually get flushed out in court. If they are indeed false, its a huge red mark on one who made the false allegations.
            You mean like perjury is punished?

It looks bad if you can prove the other person is lying and that standard seems high. I was accused of abuse; the lawyers, the assessors, the judge. They didn't care and my guess was that there was simply no evidence found.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingDad1234 View Post

Good judges ignore it like white noise. My husband’s ex filled her documents with false accusations and had one of the kids submit an affidavit with false accusations even though they had been divorced for 8 years when this came up. The judge actually called her out on the lies and pointed out that a) lies won’t be accepted and b) nothing she was saying was relevant. At one point he even suggested they get therapy for their ongoing issues holding onto the past.

Comment

Judges also ignore abuse documented by impartial third parties. Courts just aren’t the place to deal with abuse in relationships, but at the moment we don’t have any alternatives.

Comment

False allegations used to advance a case? I truly don't get this. Courts routinely ignore allegations with actual evidence. Honestly, no one cares about abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by mamabear1234 View Post
                    False allegations used to advance a case? I truly don't get this. Courts routinely ignore allegations with actual evidence. Honestly, no one cares about abuse.

There are a lot of women who accuse their husbands of abuse to have a separate criminal case launched which leads to a fake status quo. Many cases aren’t taken forward by the prosecutor but some are. If they have enough evidence to believe they can achieve a conviction and move forward with the case. This fact gets lost on many people which needs to be taken into account. The police and crown attorneys don’t take every case. If there is enough evidence that gives them a strong enough case they will move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post

actually- based on the aggregate of the things he has posted, he sounds abusive and controlling. Isn't this is the same poster who said "just because you slapped your wife, you should lose custody of your kids?"

It isn't easy getting over being victimized, but always doable eh? please, offer more of your tautologies.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                        There are a lot of women who accuse their husbands of abuse to have a separate criminal case launched which leads to a fake status quo. Many cases aren�t taken forward by the prosecutor but some are. If they have enough evidence to believe they can achieve a conviction and move forward with the case. This fact gets lost on many people which needs to be taken into account. The police and crown attorneys don�t take every case. If there is enough evidence that gives them a strong enough case they will move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        to add to this- if at the time of separation- one partners calls the police, the police *have* to lay charges, which often sets up the fake status quo.

however, I'm leery of saying that there a "lot of women" who accuse their husbands of abuse. I'd want to see the statistics of that (cue Tayken).

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
                          actually- based on the aggregate of the things he has posted, he sounds abusive and controlling. Isn't this is the same poster who said "just because you slapped your wife, you should lose custody of your kids?"

It isn't easy getting over being victimized, but always doable eh? please, offer more of your tautologies.
                          I am just going by what the poster posted and not drawing conclusions. If they don't fit the bill for being a victim of false allegations there are a lot of spouses that do.

It isn't a tautology, but thanks for the new word.
                          You must be a whole lot of fun at parties.

Comment

^I’m sure she is. Critical thinkers are always welcome at MY parties.

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
                              ^I’m sure she is. Critical thinkers are always welcome at MY parties.
                              Critical thinking was not the purpose of that post. I don't think that chip on her shoulder would make it through my door, if it did I would give it wide birth for fear of unpleasant and improperly founded insults. Not fun.

Being a victim of false accusations myself I can empathize with someone that has been. I am not over it, yet. It is a long road and lowers the quality of my life almost every day. 100% false allegations and they kept coming.

If the OP did something wrong it doesn't mean they can't be a victim of exaggerated or additional allegations that were false. Not justifying what (if anything) they did at all. I don't know the OP and I was certainly not choosing sides by posting what I posted.
                              Last edited by pinkHouses; 10-06-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X