X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LDT No. 5

HA HA HA LDT = Let's Debate This

Okay guy's I was replying to debate no 4 and started thinking about my mom and dad - we just had a party for them for the 50 years they have spent together.... and you know what.... my mom and dad....YUCK they dress the same (okay I don't mean my dad wears skirts and stuff like that, I mean they wear the same make of jeans and matching tops.... it's scary)

Anyway....why are we such a sad bunch that we have ended up here chatting each other about divorce, so this one will make you really think.

What "special something" do these people have that day after day, year after year the spark is ALWAYS there for the other

oh and does it come in pill form.... ha ha ha

I think about my folks and after 55 years they still have it too. They are complete opposites.....drive each other nuts....but you know, they communicate constantly and they do everything together. They like to travel....and they are a lot of fun. I think that as the years have passed, they continued to grow together. They have a lot of repect for each other as well. Everything they do, they do for the happiness of the other person. I suppose that each always knows the other is taking care of them.

I guess you could say that they have always been best friends....

GDGM

Comment

Perhaps their generation took their wedding vows more seriously. For better or worse.

Comment

honey i'm home, that is a most excellent question and one I have wondered about myself.

I think for our parents generation things were definitely different..they didn't walk around with the belief they were 'owed' something without working their butts off for it first. And respect and consideration were paramount. They appreciated what they had.

Over the years there has been a consistant degradation of personal standards and expectations for ourselves and others. I'm not sure when the turning point was..but now people just give up when things get tough and are ready to cast blame on to others without first considering how their actions and selfishness contributed to the situation.

Comment

I think my parents generation were a lot more practical and went into marriage knowing it was going to be a lot of hard work and chose mates that were just as willing to make it work as they were. These days people are all about love, love, love and are not able to distinguish between infatuation and the real thing. Not only that people seem less likely to make compromises than they used to. Just my thoughts.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X