This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scared of Kidnapping

Hi, I have been raising my children since birth by myself. My ex husband was of no help watsoever in this. He constantly kept leaving the home and paid no attention to my children or me. A day after my little girl was born he left and I heard nothing of him up until the day we had court for temporary orders. At this court they granted him parenting time and gave him the ability to take my children into Mexico!! I am so afraid he will take them and not bring them back because he has threatened to do this,and his family is always hostile towards me. What advice can I seek? Moreover, i went to visit the address in Mexico where he told the court he was living with a roomate, to find it a complete disaster full of beer cans, smoke waste, etc.

Well you can go to the police if he is making threats.
    I believe they will look into getting a restraining order on him.

Comment

I am not sure if Mexico is part of the Hague Convention. If you have concerns that the child may be taken to Mexico and not returned, you could possibly bring the matter before the courts and possibly have an order imposed by the court that the child shall not leave the country.

Comment

I would take logicalvelocity's advice, it it were me I'd be involving law enforcement on this matter.
        Its too easy these days to conduct kidnappings, so you need to do something to prevent it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X