Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer Got Played

Ahahahaha.....he could have had many hookers for that amount of money

The case of Toronto lawyer Antonio (Anthony) Macri, who was suspended for two and a half months Friday for having sex with a client and failing to inform his firm, demonstrates the stark contrast between how such conduct is handled by the self-regulating bodies that govern doctors and lawyers in Ontario.
    He was found to have acted in a conflict of interest by representing the client in her family court proceeding while also engaged in a sexual relationship with her. He was further found to have acted “without integrity” by failing to inform his firm of the relationship and that he had loaned her $50,000.
    In the Macri case, the client was found to be particularly vulnerable. She was a stay-at-home mother to two small children in an unhappy marriage who was financially dependent on her husband, a man who was charged for allegedly vandalizing her personal property, according to the agreed statement of fact. Her court proceeding was described as “complicated and heated.”

For a period of about four months after Macri was retained to represent Client A, they engaged in a “secret consensual sexual relationship.” After that ended, Macri continued an intimate personal relationship with the woman, “which included their shared hope that their romantic relationship would resume once the litigation concluded.”

As the woman’s case dragged on in court, Macri gave her $60,000 over a period of about three months in 2013 to cover her legal fees with the firm and personal expenses — $10,000 of which was characterized as a gift. The client agreed to repay the remaining $50,000 when the sale of her home was completed, according to the agreed statement of fact.
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ors_picks=true

Poor vulnerable woman... a SAHM during divorce proceeding is like the lion as it bites into the neck of a gazelle calf.... I would call them anything but vulnerable. 2.5 months vacation is not a bad deal for the lawyer...

HAHAHHA you left out the best part, where she REFUSES to pay him back.

What a piece of trash she is.
    Last edited by Links17; 10-26-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Stupid lawyer could have put that money in RESP for his own kids....now they have to read all about it in the news, and have their friends poke fun at them at school

SAHM/D = always potential SS / advantage taker waiting to happen

Comment

Only in family law

i hired a lawyer for custody of my kid and somehow I ended up with custody of my lawyers kids

Comment

...I mean for 60k, the lawyer could have banged a different chick everyday for a year or two if he really was that desperate

Comment

Its actually shocking he fell for it... he's a divorce lawyer....

He must have seen thousands of women going for jugular of their ex-husbands while cheating on them at the same time.

On top of it, he seems to already be divorced himself.

At least it isn't the fault of family law but I don't see why he can't pursue her legally for the loan.

Comment

...good luck with him trying to resurrect his family law practice.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X