Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After 10 years of shared custody, child refuses to come over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One child, 11 year old son.

Our kid is coming over this weekend, and I'm gonna gently approach the issue at some point, and try to find out what the issue is.
    I have started to arrange some counselling for our son and myself to do together, and singly, if necessary.

I'm not sure what the problem really is, but I don't think the answer is to suddenly switch our custody arrangements.

Comment

The answer is never switch custody. Approach it gently and not in a manner where it would backfire if he told his mom.

Comment

After spending the weekend with son, he is on board with getting back to normal schedule.
        He is a little concerned with the 2-2-3 schedule, saying it is too confusing at times....
        I suggested week about, with a mid week visit to the other parent, and he seemed to like that.

That's all the discussion I had, and said that it is an adult decision, but he always has a voice.

Now, I just need to indicate to BM that we will be resuming the schedule, and offer mediation to change prior to starting any litigation.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X