This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Nash Article

....and the war wages on. She wants more, he says enough is enough. He's a deadbeat, she's a gold digger. oh well...

Steve Nash Allegedly Doesn't Want To Pay Child Support To Ex - Embrace the Chaos - Family & Parenting Blog - MSN.ca

Sports Star Divorce:

1) Guy with not enough education and a talent at sports gets extremely rich doing something of little value to society...

2) Guy realizes that now that he's rich, he can seek unethical superficial extremely attractive women who would normally not look at him sideways...

3) Guy marries one of the above-described females to acquire another status-oriented possession to put in the coffers of all the other crap he bought and doesn't need...

4) One or the other value-less spouses cheat on each other because they never really genuinely cared about each other in the first place anyway and get bored easily living their hedonistic lifestyle...

5) They get divorced and he now feins outrage and shock when finding out that she's a golddigger and will take him for everything he has...

6) She hires shark lawyer and a publicist to label him a "deadbeat" dad...

7) Meanwhile, the rest of us plod along trying not to lose our kids and every financial asset we own in divorce.

Comment

Divorce laws are different down there. He isn't a deadbeat if he has paid a $5 million dollar Lump sum, $30,000 a month. 90% of extraordinary expenses and 80% of the nanny's costs. Thats not nothing. Most of us could manage on that income, and maybe even save a dollar or two.

Yes in Canada, things would be very different.

Comment

Originally posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
        Sports Star Divorce:

7) Meanwhile, the rest of us plod along trying not to lose our kids and every financial asset we own in divorce.
        Have to AGREE with this. I do not know of anyone who has actually profitted financially by getting divorced. It is a financial drain/loss for all concerned.

Comment

Yes this is a story involving the rich - similar to that of Michael Potter and one or two of his ex-wives.

My immediate reaction however is that Steve Nash is definitely not a deadbeat dad; the ex-wife is greedy. She has more than enough for a life of comfort.... never mind caring for their kids.

Incidentally, I do not have much regard for Mr. Potter. It's just that his high profile divorces came to mind.
          Last edited by sjandme; 05-03-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

That piece wasn't written well. So I googled Dwyane's name. Interestingly at wikipedia they mention his marriage and divorce in a mere two sentences - nothing about a custody battle.

The year of his divorce, his annual "salary" skyrocketed. I assume he also earned more in endorsements in the years post-divorce.

Other interesting things... his parents divorced. Growing up, he lived with his dad and stepmom. (Apparently he regards one of his sisters as the greatest influence on his childhood.)

There is a comment or two about his mom being a minister... and Dwyane purchasing a church for her - also around the time he was divorced from this "high school sweetheart". Apparently, his mom found religion after years of drug abuse.

Interesting how all these bits and pieces of info are scattered throughout the wikipedia article. Of course, the focus is on his athletic prowess.

I don't know what can be drawn from all these high profile cases.... except maybe kids from divorced families lose what counts more than money ever can ..... almost every time - whether one parent or both parents are rich or not.

(I'm writing this in the middle of the night.... suffering from insomnia b/c sadly I have a lot of financial worries - most related to divorce!)
            Last edited by sjandme; 05-04-2013, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
              I agree...but perhaps Steve Nash should have hired the same lawyer that Dwyane Wade (superman) retained

Source

Dwyane Wade talks custody battle and single fatherhood with ESPNs Lisa Salter | Yardbarker.com
              You do realize I made my statement in reference to folk that are not very rich to begin with. Comparing the plight of ordinary folk going through divorce to those that are rich is not really a fair comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
                You do realize that my point, was that Stevie should have used the same lawyer as Dwayne if it wanted custody

Money can win you cases as we all know....think OJ (We all know he did it, and that is allegedly), but the Gloves didn't fit
                Silly me, thinking you were referring to my statement because you quoted my statement in your response.

Comment

^
                  If you are going to fence with Nadia, make sure you are at the top of your game.

Comment

Yep, its all good, mate.

Just a general word of warning to everyone though: attention to detail and accuracy is important in Family Law, especially if you are submitting affidavits, motions etc. Expect the opposing party/counsel to go through everything you submit with a fine tooth comb. Make sure no words are missing, (especially the word "not" or you might find yourself agreeing with something you were trying to challenge) and that evidence you provide does not have anything that can be used against you. I've spent the best part of today sifting through hundreds of emails and trying to categorize them. Had to take a freakin nap for an hour.
                    Last edited by Nadia; 05-05-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X