Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can a motion to change be done right after final order?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can a motion to change be done right after final order?

My divorce order was signed on October 2012 with no child support at the time as ex was unemployed and declaring a zero income.

His lawyer confirmed on October 29 2112 that he obatined employment and in fact he was working on that Day at Fed gov but I do not know when was his actual start date.

I wanted to put a motion to change but find out by the FLIC that normally you have to wait 6 month for that. I cannot find anything stating this.

I also requested employment details disclosure from ex which he seems to ignore or do not want to say when was his start date.

If he knew that he had or going to have employment prior signing the agreement on which he insisted to put no child support base on his unemployment then turn out that he was working.

What would be the recourse?

Originally posted by Moolight View Post
    My divorce order was signed on October 2012 with no child support at the time as ex was unemployed and declaring a zero income.

His lawyer confirmed on October 29 2112 that he obtained employment and in fact he was working on that Day at Fed gov but I do not know when was his actual start date.

I wanted to put a motion to change but find out by the FLIC that normally you have to wait 6 month for that. I cannot find anything stating this.
    First: Are children involved where by child support should be paid?

Comment

Yes, there a two children, a 15yr old and 18yr old who currently enrolled in college.

Our agreement and order state that there shall not be any child support while he is unemployed but that if he become employed that he would let me know and that he would sart paying child support according to the guideline.

During the first 6 month, he has adjusted the child support at will according to his income and stop when he became unemployed. I have been the sole provider for the children for the last 2 yrs.

He is a well educated and resourcefull individual and as suspected he turns out that he found employment right after we sign the agreement and that I gave him a lump sump spousal support. This was done not because he was entitle to it but to settle as he is not an individual that would compromise on anything regardless of the impact and cost.

I even wondered if he did not have the employment at the time of signature or even he delayed the start date till right after signature. I can only confirm that he was employed on October 29 while the agreement was signed on October 19 and the order signed by the Judge on October 31.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X