Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 10-12-2021, 08:50 PM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
She has a guide, it�s her lawyer. Considering she has spent $75,000 and still refuses to provide financial disclosure, a �guide� isn�t going to do anything.
Wow, you never heard of a lawyer controlling their client or being unscrupulous and dragging things out?
Old 10-12-2021, 09:52 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
Wow, you never heard of a lawyer controlling their client or being unscrupulous and dragging things out?
With some lawyers, the very first question they ask is “Do you have a house?”. If you say “yes”, they know what kind of capital you have access to.

OPs lawyer knows she will get an equalization from the sale of the home. He/she also has an unreasonable client who is being stubborn about the separation process. Having OP flush $75k through meetings and letters (note: they have yet to even be in court!!) is clearly a combo of OP using her lawyer as a therapist and OP’s lawyer padding their profit.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:07 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:

I have. But I have also read all of this previous posters threads and her problem is not her lawyer. She freely admits she doesnt believe her lawyer and wants a lifestyle of weekly beauty appointments, several vacations a year, a nanny and ongoing support so she doesnt have to work hard. In addition to the matrimonial home. So no, my original statement stands that she needs to pull her head out of her ass.

A lawyer cant take advantage of someone who uses their brain, understands what they are not entitled to and works reasonably. I also have a feeling her lawyer is telling her to quit being an idiot and she comes here to get a second opinion.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:02 AM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I have. But I have also read all of this previous poster�s threads and her problem is not her lawyer. She freely admits she doesn�t believe her lawyer and wants a lifestyle of weekly beauty appointments, several vacations a year, a nanny and ongoing support so she doesn�t have to work hard. In addition to the matrimonial home. So no, my original statement stands that she needs to pull her head out of her ass.

A lawyer can�t take advantage of someone who uses their brain, understands what they are not entitled to and works reasonably. I also have a feeling her lawyer is telling her to quit being an idiot and she comes here to get a second opinion.
What ever it is you, the lawyer, other people have not gotten through to her yet. She needs a voice of reason she trusts.

If she has someone whispering poison in her ears whether it be a friend with experience in a divorce or whoever they should cut them off for a bit.

There is a possibility that TrueBlue is trolling everyone here.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
What ever it is you, the lawyer, other people have not gotten through to her yet. She needs a voice of reason she trusts.

If she has someone whispering poison in her ears whether it be a friend with experience in a divorce or whoever they should cut them off for a bit.

There is a possibility that TrueBlue is trolling everyone here.

Shes not. She is a real person who does not get it.

One of her earlier threads indicated she had friends telling her she was entitled to more. Some people just dont get it which is why many people here tell her to get real.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:26 PM

trueblue22 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
She�s not. She is a real person who does not get it.

One of her earlier threads indicated she had friends telling her she was entitled to more. Some people just don�t get it which is why many people here tell her to get real.
I had 2 kids with my ex. We lived a good lifestyle. Standard of living is important to me and my kids. My friends told me I'm entitled to more since there is such an income disparity. My ex doesn't think I deserve to get the increase from his income since separation but that isn't fair to me.
Old 10-14-2021, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
I had 2 kids with my ex. We lived a good lifestyle. Standard of living is important to me and my kids. My friends told me I'm entitled to more since there is such an income disparity. My ex doesn't think I deserve to get the increase from his income since separation but that isn't fair to me.

You are getting divorced. You are no longer entitled to that lifestyle or his income. Your friends are not lawyers. Get it through your head.
Old 10-14-2021, 09:38 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue22 View Post
I had 2 kids with my ex. We lived a good lifestyle. Standard of living is important to me and my kids.
I have read your posts. I am concerned about what is "truly" important to you. You will have your kids 1/2 the time. Kids don't necessarily care about 5 vacations per year. What they care about is a loving home and parents who are there for them. Regardless of money. You seem fixated on getting as much money from your ex as possible, rather than focusing on moving forward with your kids and your new boyfriend. Play the lottery rather than try to squeeze every dime out of your ex.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
You are getting divorced. You are no longer entitled to that lifestyle or his income. Your friends are not lawyers. Get it through your head.
I believe I'm entitled to compensatory support. He was just starting out when we married and the income increases he has had is based on the same job with more experience. Why would I not be entitled?
Old 10-17-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
I have read your posts. I am concerned about what is "truly" important to you. You will have your kids 1/2 the time. Kids don't necessarily care about 5 vacations per year. What they care about is a loving home and parents who are there for them. Regardless of money. You seem fixated on getting as much money from your ex as possible, rather than focusing on moving forward with your kids and your new boyfriend. Play the lottery rather than try to squeeze every dime out of your ex.
It is important my kids are able to enjoy a similar lifestyle with me just like they have with their dad. My children are old enough to appreciate vacations and nice things.

I am slowly introducing my boyfriend to my kids so they become familiar with him but it's a process.