Mortgage with no separation agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mortgage with no separation agreement

My ex keeps trying to get me to sign an separation agreement so he can can get a new mortgage with his new partner. I'm not ready yet.

Can he get a mortgage without one?

Uh, I’m sure your ex is trying to get you to sign an agreement to get rid of you, not just get a mortgage.

Good to see you’re still making an ass of yourself rather than reaching an agreement.

Comment

What do you mean you are not ready yet?

Get ILA for the separation agreement, change what needs to be changed and be done with it. Move on all you are doing is causing problems.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
        What do you mean you are not ready yet?

Get ILA for the separation agreement, change what needs to be changed and be done with it. Move on all you are doing is causing problems.
        He and I don't agree on the schedule and we parent differently. A judge making a standard order is better for me because it'll probably be 2-3-3 schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue22 View Post
          He and I don't agree on the schedule and we parent differently. A judge making a standard order is better for me because it'll probably be 2-3-3 schedule.
          Parenting differences mean zilch. You can't do anything about that.

2-2-3 is as confusing a f*ck and the kids are old enough for 2-2-5.

Every Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs they know where they will be.
          Your life will also be a lot easier.

If they are asking for week on week off say you will sign now for 2-2-5 and be done with it. Ask for some other silly concession if you want like every mothers day with you or birthdays or something something a judge wouldn't just give you. Settle.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
            You are holding your ex hostage from moving on with his finances and household because of your entitlement? That won't look good in court.

Your parenting schedule has zero correlation with separating your finances. Is the house sold yet? If no, what are you waiting for?
            It's my house too.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkHouses View Post
              Parenting differences mean zilch. You can't do anything about that.

2-2-3 is as confusing a f*ck and the kids are old enough for 2-2-5.

Every Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs they know where they will be.
              Your life will also be a lot easier.

If they are asking for week on week off say you will sign now for 2-2-5 and be done with it. Ask for some other silly concession if you want like every mothers day with you or birthdays or something something a judge wouldn't just give you. Settle.
              Why wouldn't a judge give me mothers day or my birthday? I thought that was standard.

Comment

Why wouldn't a judge give me mothers day or my birthday? I thought that was standard.

It’s standard in an agreed to settlement. A judge may not get into the nitty gritty of individual days which would mean you could screw yourself since your ex could say too bad, you didn’t want to play nice.

As for “different parenting styles”—him having more money than you isn’t a different style.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                  It�s standard in an agreed to settlement. A judge may not get into the nitty gritty of individual days which would mean you could screw yourself since your ex could say too bad, you didn�t want to play nice.

As for �different parenting styles��him having more money than you isn�t a different style.
                  We have different parenting styles. He's more strict I'm less so. We also have different lifestyles but I fully expect retroactive child and spousal support to come my way.

Comment

We have different parenting styles. He's more strict I'm less so. We also have different lifestyles but I fully expect retroactive child and spousal support to come my way.

Doesn’t matter how each of you parent. And as for the funds…if it’s eaten up by your lawyers then there’s no money coming your way.

Remember a regular divorce with limited battles is in the area of $15,000 to $20,000 and that’s in the low end. With all of your refusals and unreasonable behaviour you are looking at probably $100,000 plus his costs if you lose. I doubt the matrimonial assets are split more than $500,000 which means you are now looking at a settlement of no more than $300,000. Wake up and smell the stupidity sweetheart. You are losing money with every dumb decision.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
                      Doesn�t matter how each of you parent. And as for the funds�if it�s eaten up by your lawyers then there�s no money coming your way.

Remember a regular divorce with limited battles is in the area of $15,000 to $20,000 and that�s in the low end. With all of your refusals and unreasonable behaviour you are looking at probably $100,000 plus his costs if you lose. I doubt the matrimonial assets are split more than $500,000 which means you are now looking at a settlement of no more than $300,000. Wake up and smell the stupidity sweetheart. You are losing money with every dumb decision.
                      I am already in debt from all the legal letters and back and forth with the lawyers. I've spent nearly 75k already and we aren't in court yet. I will ask for an advance on my equalization to fight this.

Comment

Why fight it? If you know you are going to lose, there’s no point. Plus you won’t get an “advance” on anything.

Make an agreement and be done with it. 75 grand to fight a losing battle is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

Comment

I am already in debt from all the legal letters and back and forth with the lawyers. I've spent nearly 75k already and we aren't in court yet. I will ask for an advance on my equalization to fight this.
                          You are p*ssing away your life savings.
                          You are not fighting over anything the law will resolve. Maybe you get 2-2-3 instead of 2-2-5...2-2-3 sucks anyways so why want that.

Either you are trolling us or you need some assistance with mental health / stress. I am sorry but you are making really, really bad decisions and hurting everyone.
                          Even if he is an ahole have a heart to heart with your ex.

Comment

Had to look up what I said from months ago....but here it is again.

OP, the outcome of your scenario is this:

Custody: Likely be joint

Parenting Time: Likely will be 50/50. A judge will make you 2 hammer out a 50/50 plan that works rather than make this the sole triable issue.

Supports: You will get offset CS and a period of SS.

House: It will be sold and you are entitled to your share of the equity. Meanwhile, you flushed away $75,000 of that equity into useless letters.

Stop flushing away your equalization payment so that you are able to properly set yourself up post separation/divorce.

Comment

Originally posted by Brampton33 View Post
                              I have read your previous posts. If you want it to be your house too, buy your ex out. But you yourself said that the banks won't approve you for a mortgage on your own. So no, it won't be your house anymore. In order for it to be your house, you need to be able to be approved for the mortgage sans your ex.
                              I agree with Brampton33. Sell the house and move on. I felt the same way in the beginning of my separation. I loved my house and mourned it more then the marriage. But it did 2 very important things.

1. It really helped me move on emotionally and;
                              2. It gave me some much needed funds to be able to move on financially.

Just sell it and be done with it.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X