No announcement yet.

Court Order to Move Out of Matrimonial Home and Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockscan I didn't say 3 years anywhere. I tried to give as many details without making the history too long. Tayken gave a great response. You have stated or interpreted things in error. I had no issue with my wife getting a lawyer. I planned on getting the contract to a stage to review with a lawyer for finalization myself as I did in a previous corporate purchasing life. Overall my wife and her family are nice people but I believe people can take advantage of that lawyers included.
    Yes, I offered low but I assumed she would make a counter offer. She already signed off she didn't want any part of my Incorporated business as she didn't want to be responsible for any debts or legal issues. She works full time but she use to help out with tax calculations and year ends passing it over to an accounting company.
    I negotiate with people almost every day either selling or buying. 50% of my customers want to pay cash so they don't pay tax. Builders and other contractors that buy my products/services are a tough bunch. Also, keep in mind that I did matrimonial home improvements (painting - livingroom, dining room, kitchen - deck board/railing replacement, pool house completion) and replaced/repaired (furnace, a/c, water softener etc.) things in the home in those 2 years plus all the other regular lawn/garden upkeep.
    Like I said I agreed to sell the house but I didn't plan on moving out and my wife getting full control. I will move on.

Comment

What works in business doesn’t translate well to family law.

Comment

Following this...

My partner goes to court next month after a year long covid delay...his wife has stayed in the house, which is mortgage free, while has has paid rent elsewhere for 2 years and a healthy amt of support. Hoping the judge does same, insists on a sale asap.
        Good luck with how this works out, none of it is fun or easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinso View Post
          What works in business doesn’t translate well to family law.
          I agree 100%.

This thread reads like "When Math People and Feelings People Negotiate"

https://www.highconflictinstitute.co...ople-negotiate

Math people tend to come to the negotiation table with it all figured out on their own. They may even have charts and lots of financial records. They have run the calculations and figured out the proper resolution of the dispute. They believe their answer is the “right” answer, so discussions will not really be necessary. In fact, discussions are sometimes seen as irritating and viewed as a challenge to their math abilities.

Why can’t you just accept that this is the right number for the resolution of our dispute? they often ask. Math people seem to dislike unnecessary diversions, like talking about feelings. Significant deviations from their proposals feel disrespectful and are met with anger and resentment. They may threaten going to court, because they have already calculated their chances in court, given the various legal and financial factors. They want to be done with the dispute. Since legal disputes are mostly settled when one party pays the other, they want to quickly agree on a settlement number and pay it or receive it.

Comment

What is the typical cost for obtaining this order? My ex is occupying, I want the house listed... like now.

Comment

Between $2,500 to $5,000. Possibly more if other issues get attached, or there are unusual complexities.

Comment

It cost me $5000 for an order to list and sell without ex consent.

Comment

Thank you both - i'm assuming it would cost her a similar amount to respond, or is it only my expense?

Comment

Your ex would incur separate legal fees to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                      Your ex would incur separate legal fees to respond.
                      Or they could pretend that they are spending 0$ and go in self/unrepresented and cost you another 10,000 on top of the 5,000. :O

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X