OCL Intake Form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL Intake Form

Well, everyone, I am no longer a CC virgin! Had my first CC yesterday. Surreal experience, having never been involved with the courts before.

So... My question. I have been given an intake form for OCL involvement. It seems pretty straight-forward, but I thought I'd check with all you to see if you have any hints/tips/advice before I fill it out.

Thanks as always!

Have been through OCL process just recently. Intake form is pretty straight forward. Can check it tonight. Just file it on time.

Comment

I'm having the first meeting with the OCL assessor on Monday. (The OCL was ordered I think in April.) Although you got a form during the CC, visit the OCL site and maybe you will be better to fill out the downloadable form, it is more convenient.
      Intake Form for Custody/Access - Ministry of the Attorney General

Oh, and if the picture you paint not dark enough, your case might not be accepted.

Comment

I am early in the process.

How do you get to the case conference ?
        Can you give the summary / readers digest version of what went on ?
        Why was it surreal ?

What is OCL ?
        What is involved with OCL
        Why OCL is needed ?

Thanks,

Comment

Search the forum to my sticky on OCL and how to get through it.
          http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...00/#post124103

Its a good starting point, if you have any questions let ask away.

Comment

I would strongly recommend everyone who is in the beginning of the OCL investigation to read the thread involved dad started. The link to this thread is in his post above. Very, very useful information. Helped a lot in the process. Thank you ID.

One more question I'd add to the questions originally posted there, this one:

Would you support the other parent and how?

Comment

Can you give a little context to that question?
              Are you talking parenting support or financial support?

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
                Can you give a little context to that question?
                Are you talking parenting support or financial support?
                Sure, I can. This question: "Would you support the other parent and how?" was asked during the OCL interview and it was with regards to parenting support. I just thought it would be nice to add this question to your thread mentioned above.

Comment

That is a good question. and the context is right.
                  If I was asked that question I would expand my answer to include past, present and future.
                  How did you support co-parenting before separation?
                  What are you doing now to support co-parenting?
                  What would you like to be able to do in regards to co-parenting in the future?

My list was taken directly from the disclosure request from the OCL.
                  The questions were from a pre typed question sheet that the assessor used to ask me questions. My assessor was doing her first assessment when she did our family.
                  I recommend always getting full disclosure of all OCL assessments.

Together with everyone's help we can compile a list of valuable questions to be prepared for.

PM me if you have any other insights.

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
                    That is a good question. and the context is right.
                    If I was asked that question I would expand my answer to include past, present and future.
                    How did you support co-parenting before separation?
                    What are you doing now to support co-parenting?
                    What would you like to be able to do in regards to co-parenting in the future?

My list was taken directly from the disclosure request from the OCL.
                    The questions were from a pre typed question sheet that the assessor used to ask me questions. My assessor was doing her first assessment when she did our family.
                    I recommend always getting full disclosure of all OCL assessments.

Together with everyone's help we can compile a list of valuable questions to be prepared for.

PM me if you have any other insights.
                    What do you mean by "full disclosure of all OCL assessments"? Did you have more than one?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X