right of first refusal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• right of first refusal

we have this in the draft, but I am begining to think it is just going to be a hassle, espcially as our kids are older and only one young enough to need a sitter. I dont evne rmebeer hy we had it, maybe it was just part of teh standard wording.

Is it a problem for you? worth it?

I am NOT going to have it in my agreement my lawyer says it causes too much confusion and grief if parents dont get along.

Comment

I also do not have it as I think it would’ve caused way too many issues. For example, my parents live out of town and love to come babysit once in a while. If my ex had had it his way, the right of first refusal would have made it impossible for my parents to have this time once in a while. And trust me, he would’ve made sure they didn’t get the time. If you don’t get along, don’t do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
        we have this in the draft, but I am begining to think it is just going to be a hassle, espcially as our kids are older and only one young enough to need a sitter. I dont evne rmebeer hy we had it, maybe it was just part of teh standard wording.

Is it a problem for you? worth it?
        I have it and use it. We're not amicable, nor do I wish to see him that often, but it's the best for our child so I suck it up.

FWIW, we separated in 2014 and I've used a sitter MAYBE 4 times. 3 of those times I asked him first (he was out of town for number 4).

Comment

Originally posted by kate331 View Post
          I am NOT going to have it in my agreement my lawyer says it causes too much confusion and grief if parents dont get along.
          Sounds like you have a very good lawyer!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X