This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tug of War - (Great Book/Resource)

Just wanted to share a very good book title w/everyone. It's called TUG of WAR and it's written by Mr. Justice Harvey Brownstone. "A judge's verdict on separation, custody battles, and the bitter realities of Family Court." This book is re: Supreme Court of Canada issues and covers numerous topics. All of the author's proceeds from the sale of this book are donated to the Children's Wish Foundation and other children's charities.

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
    Just wanted to share a very good book title w/everyone. It's called TUG of WAR and it's written by Mr. Justice Harvey Brownstone. "A judge's verdict on separation, custody battles, and the bitter realities of Family Court." This book is re: Supreme Court of Canada issues and covers numerous topics. All of the author's proceeds from the sale of this book are donated to the Children's Wish Foundation and other children's charities.
    Yea I bought a book couple of months ago. Didn't like it THAT much. Honestly, wasn't worth $16+tax. Mr. Brownstone strikes me more as a showman then a judge but hey it's our family law system - a joke.

Comment

I don't totally disagree, but the book does cover a wide range of issues and it doesn't hurt to get a Family Court Judge's perspective. In a perfect world, all parties would behave maturely and responsibly but we all know that it very often doesn't go that way. My situation was entirely avoidable on all levels BUT for the fact that my ex lied about everything, right off the hop, and continued to do so right through our Trial.

It is glaringly obvious that he will never learn and is now in the process of digging himself a deeper "hole" - - The writing is on the wall, as they say: but he's too foolish to see it. The book, I found is a useful resource/perspective and I believe, a worthwhile read. In the end: things are what they are - and trying to get past, and move on from the "joke" that Family Court IS, in many ways, is the biggest hurdle. But a necessary one. Peace really does have to come from within ourselves - it sure isn't going to come through the court process regardless of who "wins" or "loses"

Comment

I checked this out personally, although not an expert (ME!!) but it addressed the very straight forward aspects of divorce - another way of looking at it possibly a book for the common masses with typical issues. There was not even a hint of the difficult issues I must deal with and as far as the mainstream stuff - is fairly easy to get from many sources..... It is the non mainstream issues that becomes so difficult to find the required info on.

Comment

Originally posted by ddol1 View Post
          I checked this out personally, although not an expert (ME!!) but it addressed the very straight forward aspects of divorce - another way of looking at it possibly a book for the common masses with typical issues. There was not even a hint of the difficult issues I must deal with and as far as the mainstream stuff - is fairly easy to get from many sources..... It is the non mainstream issues that becomes so difficult to find the required info on.
          There you go ddol1, I new you had a short Post in you somewhere...

Peace out

Comment

Originally posted by sillyme View Post
            there you go ddol1, i new you had a short post in you somewhere...

Peace out
            lol!!!!!!!!

Comment

your welcome!
              I do try........
              admit it must be the engineer in me or
              too much pain meds - won't admit to how much in case someone figures my address!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X