Final order child support adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final order child support adjustment

I have a final order and it does not address child support adjustment. No divorce, no spousal support. Just child custody and support order.

I have full custody and the father does not see our child at all. The order was dated February 2017. Child support was based on the father's income at the time - $100,000 per year for workplace salary and rental income.

He now has an additional rental property generating $15,000/yr plus a workplace raise, both as of January 2018. He will not agree to adjust child support.

Everything I read online states there must be a significant change in income. What constitutes a significant change?

Can I get my support order adjusted?

You send him an email requesting his income taxes and notice of assessment by May 1. He probably will not respond. Should he ignore it, you file a disclosure request through the court (Form 21 I think?) if you want to go to court again and he refuses disclosure etc, you file to update child support.

Not sure why your order didnt have yearly update but regardless he is obligated to update whenever his income changes. Make sure you formally request it because the clock starts ticking when you ask.

Comment

Thank you so much Rockscan. I sent a form 20 and like you said, not expecting a response. He's never actually done disclosure and my final order was via an uncontested trial. Thank you again!
      This whole significant change wording intimidated me

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X