Sections 7's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
    She said they were going to a lawyer so hopefully they can sort it out. I agree with everyone who said he cant just say no. But I also agree that cs should cover $20 a month of school costs. I wasnt advocating anything, I just posted what she had originally said about custody percents. Is it fishy, sure, was there a lack of info, absolutely, will I defend if it goes to court because he said no, probably not.
    My point was SHE is advocating for him without the benefit of knowing even the correct custodial situation. If she had of looked up the Child Support guidelines, she would know that they're federal and that the guidelines apply to the entire country, without the exception she believes is there for Alberta.

She claims he is paying $820/m in offset support while the mom actually earns more per annum than he does??

Even if it isn't offset, but regular guideline....his income is in the 100G mark. He shouldn't be complaining about having to pay his share of a $700 expense.

As someone who's whole applecart was upset by his new spouse who knew "everything" about child support/access/custody here in Ontario. Of course she knew it all, she's from Texas without even any legal standing in Canada. But expert she was. And idiot ex followed her lead....created chaos.

The result - he has to pay it all, he lost custody, has zero access and has a whopping legal bill as well.

Comment

Seems that the courts disregard the words in section 7. Family law judges seem to wing it. The article below offers a great summary of what occurs. However based on what I've read even a judge would conclude that in dental school fees should be covered by the table amount.

http://www.nathenssiegel.com/2.pdf.p...UTanBaRCJY.pdf

Comment

Spellcheck messed me up again should read incidental

Comment

A $700 driving course isn't an incidental school expense. A $20 field trip is.

Comment

That's got to be one of the most poorly structured information communications I have ever read. A regular sport for a depressed or obese kid becomes extraordinary?

Comment

Driving lessons are not a school expense are likely extra

Comment

"...horse jumping.." is what stood out to me. I hope they're short ponies those kids jump over.....

Comment

Our tax dollars at work. That article reports what the judges have ruled. Nice sunny day though

Comment

Originally posted by maxwellsmart View Post
                    Our tax dollars at work. That article reports what the judges have ruled. Nice sunny day though
                    No it doesn't. It's one lawyer's opinion of what a judge would consider S7 expenses. May be based in case law, may not be.

Comment

Keep reading and view the summary of decisions.

Comment

Check out the more detailed article

http://www.nathenssiegel.com/7.pdf

Shared via the Google app

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X