This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to say and what not to say.....

I am finally divorced. Child custody/support is all final. I share custody with my childrens father. Over the christmas break the children came back from their father's house. My son had bruises on his bum and his face, I asked my children 6,10 what happened. They told me their dad did that to him. I freaked and was scared for my son. I went and confronted him about it and he denied everything. So I took it to my lawyer and she told me to report it to the r.c.m.p. So I did. Now my son can not see his father until after Feb.2, but my daughter can see him. I don't think it is a good idea, that one child gets to see him and one does not. Sometime I feel like I should not have done that, but what happens if this happens again, I am the one that will be the bad parent because I never kept them safe, and fought for them. I have talked to my daughter and explain things to her, sometimes I think she understands and then she does not. I have them in councilling at school, they are doing good with that. But when my daughter talks to her dad, she gets really upset and wants to see him, what do I do?

Have you considered involving the CAS in the matter. They will investigate.

Physical discipline of children is wrong in my eyes. There are many ways to effectively parent a child without resorting to such measures.

Perhaps your ex would benefit from taking a parenting course. This could be a condition of access/ custody

Comment

Thanks for the reply

I am hoping that their father does have to take some parenting classes, maybe even anger management. The r.c.m.p are the ones who are charging him with assult. I told them that he was discplining my son and just went to far. I have talk to family services and they told me that it was not a very good idea that he should be able to have access to one child and not the other, myself I do not reallly think it is a good idea. This is very hard for me, I have never said no to my children when they want to see him.

Comment

Why don't you just tell your daughter how it is & your reasonings?

If I were you, I would NOT allow my kids to see his father. Yes, it might be "unfair" to the kids but really, your kids health and lives come FIRST no matter what.

I am really sorry that you had to experience this, I hope your ex-husband will get anger management and realize that hitting the kids will do no good.

Comment

Anger management, I always wondered if that was effective or not.

Has anyone got any experience with the results of anger management courses/classes?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X