Outside assessment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outside assessment

I have recently been informed of a request for an independent assessment to be done on the family life situations with the kids for both me and my ex. The person being suggested is a gentleman by the name of Worenklein...anybody ever hear of him or have work done by him?
    I have checked him on CanLii and get the sense that he is very pro 50-50 provided there are no major issues....
    Any thoughts by anyone?

Are you in Quebec?

I've read about him, I remember he seemed pretty good.

Who appointed him? The judge?
    Are you mom or dad?

If it's a judge, its a gift.
    If it's the mom, it's a gift.
    If it's the dad, you're probably going to get screwed.

Assessment's like this are practically the be-all/end-all of custody issues in Quebec. It's one of the FEW things a judge needs JUSTIFY specifically why they wont follow the recommendation.

Comment

SO - to answer your questions.
      Am in Ontario
      He was suggested by CAS who are involved in my situation
      I am the dad
      It was CAS who suggested he come into the picture - at their expense.
      I have very limited time with my children.
      I provide a very stable environment and have sought - through amicable means to increase my time with the kids.
      This has been flatly refused by my ex.
      CAS supports more time with me however they have no teeth to change the current arrangement. I am hopeful they are seeking Worenklein`s input to help convince my ex that having more equal custody and access is what is best for the kids.

Comment

Read all this:

http://www.canlii.org/en/on/#search/...ein&origJId=on

He makes a number of appearances in CanLII.

Comment

convince my ex
          Are you stupid?

Comment

CAS supports more time with me however they have no teeth to change the current arrangement
            If you can get a CAS report encouraging more time (preferably 50/50)...then you get this new guy to mimic CAS' recommendations then you will be in a good place.

You don't need to convince your ex of anything .. (that's an impossible task anyways) ... just need to convince a judge.

Comment

No - I don't believe I am stupid. However the hope was that "IF" a favorable report came back encouraging 50-50....that it would 'encourage' my ex to avoid costly litigation and work towards a solution rather than constantly fighting....

Stupid -No - ....Naive...Hopeful...Unrealistic??? maybe/possibly/probably

Comment

Originally posted by thefunone View Post
                However the hope was that "IF" a favorable report came back encouraging 50-50....that it would 'encourage' my ex to avoid costly litigation and work towards a solution rather than constantly fighting.
                Nope. If (when) a favourable report comes back you have 2 exhibits that will win your case. A CAS report and an this new guy will be the cherry on top. Of course coupled with your immaculate "best interests" stuff, parenting plan, etc.

I hear what you're saying about the "convince your ex" thing. My ex wanted to go the whole way but finally realized she would have probably lost custody in the end and agreed to 50/50 everything. Perhaps yours will too. If not, enter the courtroom (be sure to send out a few OTS's), whip her butt and collect costs.

Comment

Sorry - my knowledge of short hand isn't great....OTS's???

Comment

Originally posted by thefunone View Post
                    Sorry - my knowledge of short hand isn't great....OTS's???
                    "Offer To Settle"

Remember, your always looking for resolution. Let her be the one always denying it. While we're at it...I'll teach you this one too.... "MCP" = Maximum Contact Principle". I have a thread on it. http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...eration-18320/

Comment

Read it....AWESOME - thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X