This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronMama View Post
    Wow, all that money could have been towards the kids. Im glad you are all doing great now!
    I do my very best with my boys (3). They are happy and as their teachers say "well adjusted" kids.
    It bothers me more I think, than it does them.
    I did not say I was doing great. Got laid off again on monday. Not much in the line of job prospects here at home. I never was without work when I worked overseas. Wish I could return overseas, or at least move to another city in Canada were there was some reasonable work for me. But ex won't permit that, so kids continue to suffer. No child support from the ex wife either. Last time we were in court to deal with that, she claimed she couldn't pay because she was going to go to school and finish her degree. Still not in school 9 months later. Now looks like we will be having a bilateral home assessment just so the judge will have grounds to finally give her the boot. But that is another $20K hit to the wallet, and since she is on assistance, guess who will most likely need to pay. Added to all this is the fact that when I was paying support to her, Alberta MEP put a writ against me to ensure I would make my support payments.(always did) This writ prevented me from sponsoring my current wife to live in Canada, and therefore work or go to school, not to mention she had to leave every 6 months to renew her visa.

Yes could have paid off the house with the money wasted in court. But she also wasted near as much of tax payers dollars too. And all because she was unreasonable, and continued to cause problems with my access.

I hate Canadian laws. And I am a former Canadian Military member. Treated like a second class citizen.

Comment

Originally posted by rwm1273 View Post
      I did not say I was doing great. Got laid off again on monday. Not much in the line of job prospects here at home. I never was without work when I worked overseas. Wish I could return overseas, or at least move to another city in Canada were there was some reasonable work for me. But ex won't permit that, so kids continue to suffer. No child support from the ex wife either. Last time we were in court to deal with that, she claimed she couldn't pay because she was going to go to school and finish her degree. Still not in school 9 months later. Now looks like we will be having a bilateral home assessment just so the judge will have grounds to finally give her the boot. But that is another $20K hit to the wallet, and since she is on assistance, guess who will most likely need to pay. Added to all this is the fact that when I was paying support to her, Alberta MEP put a writ against me to ensure I would make my support payments.(always did) This writ prevented me from sponsoring my current wife to live in Canada, and therefore work or go to school, not to mention she had to leave every 6 months to renew her visa.

Yes could have paid off the house with the money wasted in court. But she also wasted near as much of tax payers dollars too. And all because she was unreasonable, and continued to cause problems with my access.

I hate Canadian laws. And I am a former Canadian Military member. Treated like a second class citizen.

Gosh, my heart goes out to you rwm. Just hang in there, thats what Im doing now. I know what you mean when you say "you" are not doing great, thats a lot to deal with.
      I find myself frustrated with the laws and the entire justice system too.
      The MEP is another story. I had to go straight to the Minister of Justice to get them to start doing anything on my case.
      Thank goodness I am getting SOME money now, not all and the arrears are mounting.

I know, we are the ones paying so that people like your ex can sit on assistance. So unfair. I work everyday in pain..(spinal arthritis) to provide for the boys.

Comment

I am always skeptical when I hear somebody bad-mouth a person with whom they choose to marry and have carnal relations.

I hate these sort of discussions because there never really is an intelligent way to respond without starting a fight. My wife is a complete liar and from her, I learned not to believe anybody. However, I never bad mouth my wife to ANYBODY in real life.

After yelling at me and insulting me in front of our kids, my wife calls up her girlfriends to complain that I am the one who is yelling and insulting her in front of the kids. Meanwhile, I never bad mouth my wife to ANYBODY.

Originally posted by IronMama View Post
        only to move with the "internet girl" who is probably taking care of him.
        Maybe that offers a clue as to where the shared responsibility in this failed marriage lies.

Comment

Originally posted by AnarX View Post
          I am always skeptical when I hear somebody bad-mouth a person with whom they choose to marry and have carnal relations.

I hate these sort of discussions because there never really is an intelligent way to respond without starting a fight. My wife is a complete liar and from her, I learned not to believe anybody. However, I never bad mouth my wife to ANYBODY in real life.

After yelling at me and insulting me in front of our kids, my wife calls up her girlfriends to complain that I am the one who is yelling and insulting her in front of the kids. Meanwhile, I never bad mouth my wife to ANYBODY.

Maybe that offers a clue as to where the shared responsibility in this failed marriage lies.

Anar, I hear you loud and clear.
          No fights here..LOL.
          I dont think I "bad-mouthed " him here or any other time to be honest. Just stating the truth.
          I completely understand your feelings of anger, and distrust, I have had them too. The "distrust" I have right now in almost everyone, I learned from him.
          We must try to overcome, and move on. Its hard but I know I have to do it. You can too.
          Peace!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X