• Show
Clear All

• Police Interview - STBX Child Sex Abuse Allegation Again

Hi Everyone,

I need your advice.

Here's a brief summary.

2 year Custody and Access Battle
    She wants sole Custody - I had asked for 50/50

She has referred me to Children's Aid 5 times. It started off a your classic child sexual abuse allegation and escalated to the most egregious forms of child sexual abuse allegations.

All this began when I applied for joint custody and shared access.
    On all 5 occasions, I was in the presence of multiple witnesses.
    On all 5 occasions, the CAS investigated and found her allegations unfounded.
    She didn't fool the CAS nor did she fool the Clinical Psychologist who conducted the custody and access assessment. In the report, the Assessing Clinical Psychologist mildly rebuked her for her multiple CAS referrals

Separate from the CAS investigations, she has tried unsuccessfully to implicate me 4 separate times and has involved the police. I have never been brought in for questioning by the police.

Today, I have been referred to the CAS again.

This time the police want to interview me for a sex-related issue involving my child.

My Lawyers are involved and they are great!.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the interview itself?

Thanks

no, I do not, but assuming that you are a good dad.... I wish you and your kids well!

Comment

The only reason the police would want to interview you is in hopes to get information to press charges. Don't speak to them. Only speak to CAS.

You can speak to the police but you have to be a real smart ass. What you say to the police can and will be used against you.

Last time I was accused and asked by police to be questioned, I was advised by both a family and criminal lawyer that the police will press charges if they have sufficient evidence. They bring you in to see if they can get the evidence they need to press charges. They will come off friendly and kind but it is a trap. Lots of people go to these interviews and incriminate themselves. You don't know exactly what she has said to the police. These are very serious allegations. Enough to grant you sole custody if they are unfounded.

In my case I told the cop that I had spoken with my lawyer and that I would not be going in for an interview. It was the end of that. The allegations were not as serious as yours but still serious enough to send me to the criminal courts.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Last edited by trinton; 01-11-2017, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I suggest you watch this video. http://www.separation.ca/videos/police-and-cas

Comment

I would have filed for sole custody after accusation number 3 and I would have gotten it.

If there is no cost to false accusations then there is no reason to not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by fatherforever1904 View Post
            Hi Everyone,

I need your advice.
            Here's a brief summary.
            Hi,

tmsrtl, trinton, Links17,

I really appreciate your advice, guidance, and support.

Based on your input, I made a significant decision today. I've spoken with both a family and criminal lawyer.

I will let you know all know what happens.

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I need your advice.

Here's a brief summary.

She has referred me to Children's Aid 5 times. It started off a your classic child sexual abuse allegation and escalated to the most egregious forms of child sexual abuse allegations.

She didn't fool the CAS nor did she fool the Clinical Psychologist who conducted the custody and access assessment. In the report, the Assessing Clinical Psychologist mildly rebuked her for her multiple CAS referrals

Separate from the CAS investigations, she has tried unsuccessfully to implicate me 4 separate times and has involved the police. I have never been brought in for questioning by the police.

This time the police want to interview me for a sex-related issue involving my child.

Thanks
              Yes I can help you. You can make CAS your best resource. Looks like you're on a golden path to sole custody with all her crap.

I've been through it buddy. I'll be on later.. don't go anywhere.

Comment

Hi LovingFather32,

Any additional assistance would be great!

Thanks
                Last edited by fatherforever1904; 01-12-2017, 06:38 PM. Reason: lol... "autocorrect" error... lol

Comment

Hi LovingFather32,

Any additional assistance would be great!

Thanksgiving
                  You having turkey?. Lol. Got to love spell check.

Let me make supper for my ladies and do some Landry buddy and I'll be on in a bit.

Comment

Shoot...double post ... sorry

Comment

Hi Everyone,

I need your advice.

Here's a brief summary.

Thanks
                      Has the CAS noticed the pattern? You need to get your hands on the CAS reports. That, together with your parenting assessment report from the clinical psychologist should be all you need to achieve sole custody. She has no business making important decisions in anybody's life given her behaviors and serious allegations.

Regarding the interview,

1. Be honest
                      2. Be yourself
                      3. Have some evidence and materials around to back up your case.
                      4. Be sure to let them know it's a high, conflict case and reiterate the pattern of false allegations.

You'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                        Has the CAS noticed the pattern? You need to get your hands on the CAS reports. That, together with your parenting assessment report from the clinical psychologist should be all you need to achieve sole custody. She has no business making important decisions in anybody's life given her behaviors and serious allegations.

Regarding the interview,

1. Be honest
                        2. Be yourself
                        3. Have some evidence and materials around to back up your case.
                        4. Be sure to let them know it's a high, conflict case and reiterate the pattern of false allegations.

You'll do fine.
                        Bad advice, I wouldn't talk to the police.

If the police are talking to you, it’s because they suspect you have committed a crime. If they have detained you, it’s because they already have enough evidence to arrest you and they want to see if you will admit it and thus, give them an even stronger case against you.If they have evidence to arrest you for a crime, they will. If they don’t, they won’t. It’s as simple as that.Talking to them or not talking to them won’t make a difference! No one has ever “talked his way out of” an arrest. If the police have enough evidence to arrest, they will. If you deny that you committed the crime, they will not believe you. They already have evidence suggesting that you committed the crime. They’ll assume you’re just doing what every criminal does in denying the offense. It will not prevent you from getting arrested.This is completely contrary to popular belief. For some reason, many people think that they are savvy enough or eloquent enough or well educated enough to be able to talk to the police and convince the police not to arrest them. But ask any police officer if because of the eloquence and convincing story of the suspect, they have ever been convinced not to arrest somebody whom they had originally intended to arrest, and they will tell you no. They will tell you that in their experience, no one has ever talked themselves out of getting arrested. Talking to the police cannot help you. It cannot prevent you from getting arrested. It can only hurt.
                        Read more at http://thefreethoughtproject.com/top...7PvK5S2XHQ7.99

Comment

Your right not to speak to the police when questioned is part of your fundamental right to be free from self-incrimination; that is, to not provide the police with evidence that may be used against you.

You have a duty to identify yourself by giving them your name, however, and in some circumstances, your birth date and address.

If you refuse to identify yourself to the police, they can hold you in custody for the purposes of determining who you are.

The scenario is common. The police might think that you know about an incident.

The police may or may not be seeking to charge you. Or suppose you have already been charged, or are at the police station and about to be charged. You might think that you can avoid being charged by telling your story, or “talking your way out of it”.

Remember: the role of the police in investigating crime is to charge people whom they have reasonable grounds to believe have committed a criminal offence.

To lay a charge, a police officer must have grounds to believe they are justified in doing so. In most circumstances, if they have grounds, they will lay the charge. Thus, when a police officer asks for a statement from someone who has not been charged, it usually means they do not have grounds to lay the charge.

Any statement may just provide those grounds.

The police must tell you of your right to remain silent.

The reason for the right to silence is to give you the opportunity to speak to a lawyer and then make a free and meaningful choice about whether to speak.

After speaking with the lawyer, the police can continue to ask you anything they want without the presence of a lawyer.

The general rule of thumb is to refrain from speaking with the police. The three situations below underscore your right to remain silent.

Comment

Originally posted by trinton View Post
                            Your right not to speak to the police when questioned is part of your fundamental right to be free from self-incrimination; that is, to not provide the police with evidence that may be used against you.

You have a duty to identify yourself by giving them your name, however, and in some circumstances, your birth date and address.

If you refuse to identify yourself to the police, they can hold you in custody for the purposes of determining who you are.

The scenario is common. The police might think that you know about an incident.

The police may or may not be seeking to charge you. Or suppose you have already been charged, or are at the police station and about to be charged. You might think that you can avoid being charged by telling your story, or “talking your way out of it”.

Remember: the role of the police in investigating crime is to charge people whom they have reasonable grounds to believe have committed a criminal offence.

To lay a charge, a police officer must have grounds to believe they are justified in doing so. In most circumstances, if they have grounds, they will lay the charge. Thus, when a police officer asks for a statement from someone who has not been charged, it usually means they do not have grounds to lay the charge.

Any statement may just provide those grounds.

The police must tell you of your right to remain silent.

The reason for the right to silence is to give you the opportunity to speak to a lawyer and then make a free and meaningful choice about whether to speak.

After speaking with the lawyer, the police can continue to ask you anything they want without the presence of a lawyer.

The general rule of thumb is to refrain from speaking with the police. The three situations below underscore your right to remain silent.

The police have a special unit that specializes in sexual abuse and they work very closely with CAS.

They can smell bullshit a mile away and can prepare a good report for you.

This individual needs to collect as many of these reports as possible. They make for great exhibits to show what a nutcase the other parent is.

If there was no wrong-doing I don't understand why he would refuse to speak with them. I'm afraid he may look very guilty for that. If anything, have a lawyer by your side.

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                              The police have a special unit that specializes in sexual abuse and they work very closely with CAS.

They can smell bullshit a mile away and can prepare a good report for you.

This individual needs to collect as many of these reports as possible. They make for great exhibits to show what a nutcase the other parent is.

If there was no wrong-doing I don't understand why he would refuse to speak with them. I'm afraid he may look very guilty for that. If anything, have a lawyer by your side.
                              If you decide you want to go and offer them information that could be potentially manipulated, twisted, and used against you, then sure, go ahead and speak to the police. But don't do it without a lawyer. And obtain full complete disclosure before saying a word to them. I still don't see how speaking to the police will help you. Their job is to try and find you guilty. They are looking for evidence to find you guilty and are hoping to get something from you , any small inconsistency.

The only way I would see this helping you is if they interviewed you and still had no evidence on you. But that is no different than now, you're innocent. You're innocent until proven guilty. If you were guilty, they would have already arrested and charged you.
                              Last edited by trinton; 01-16-2017, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X