Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 09-25-2020, 10:35 AM

pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past

One parent in Montreal and the other in Oakville and the child was and lived where from birth and why would one of you move. Complex.

Your child is very young and removing the child from one parent for too long at that age is something you would want to seek professional advice on.

At that age a 2-2-5-5 schedule is very common and considered the healthier option.
When they become teenagers 1 week with one parent and the other week with the other is the norm.

He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school.

Of course the parent with less time will usually end up bearing some stress issues with lack of access. Instead of fighting, if possible, find a way to make them feel more comfortable with access. Longer weekends may suit him and his work schedule. It is not an easy situation to cope with for anyone involved.

What is going to happen after school starts, things eventually will settle down. Try calling CAS or some other child based organization for advice on what you and he can do to help. This is not something the cold hand of law deals with well.
Old 09-25-2020, 11:53 AM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
One parent in Montreal and the other in Oakville and the child was and lived where from birth and why would one of you move. Complex.

Your child is very young and removing the child from one parent for too long at that age is something you would want to seek professional advice on.

At that age a 2-2-5-5 schedule is very common and considered the healthier option.
When they become teenagers 1 week with one parent and the other week with the other is the norm.

He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school.

Of course the parent with less time will usually end up bearing some stress issues with lack of access. Instead of fighting, if possible, find a way to make them feel more comfortable with access. Longer weekends may suit him and his work schedule. It is not an easy situation to cope with for anyone involved.

What is going to happen after school starts, things eventually will settle down. Try calling CAS or some other child based organization for advice on what you and he can do to help. This is not something the cold hand of law deals with well.

Pink, you may want to go back and review this case posts. Mother was allowed to move by father and has been in new location for a long enough period. Now that father has to pay cs he has suddenly begun being difficult. This isnt a case of mom stealing child, moving unilaterally or forcing dad to accept it. Dad has suddenly pulled back since he found out he has to pay for his child.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Pink, you may want to go back and review this case posts. Mother was allowed to move by father and has been in new location for a long enough period. Now that father has to pay cs he has suddenly begun being difficult. This isn�t a case of mom stealing child, moving unilaterally or forcing dad to accept it. Dad has suddenly pulled back since he found out he has to pay for his child.
No.
I am not the posters lawyer and they don't have a case file on here.
Because I did not know what was going on the only advice I provided was:

"He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school."

I don't know the dads motivation and neither do you, people change.
We have been through this before, please stop.
Old 09-29-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
No.
I am not the posters lawyer and they don't have a case file on here.
Because I did not know what was going on the only advice I provided was:

"He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school."

I don't know the dads motivation and neither do you, people change.
We have been through this before, please stop.

Youre making vague comments about a child custody situation as if the parents are in the same city.

Before you go making various posts with information that is not correct or confuses the original poster in their question, read the background to know the details.

And dont bother sending me private messages. You can save yourself time and energy as this wasnt your thread.
Old 09-29-2020, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You�re making vague comments about a child custody situation as if the parents are in the same city.

Before you go making various posts with information that is not correct or confuses the original poster in their question, read the background to know the details.

And don�t bother sending me private messages. You can save yourself time and energy as this wasn�t your thread.
[personal attacks deleted by Admin]

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: personal attacks
Old 09-29-2020, 02:36 PM

Default Access motion

[response to personal attacks deleted by Admin]

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: response to personal attacks
Old 09-29-2020, 03:40 PM

Wow, that was a whole lot of typing and deception you did there trying to puff yourself up.

The guy doesn't even want a 50/50 and lives 5 hours away by car. So 2-2-5; 2-2-3; they are irrelevant. My comment was a generalization, I even mentioned teenagers.
For an infant being away for a week as the guy wanted was not fitting.

We are not in court, this is an internet forum. "attack" and "berate" is exactly what you do. Cripes look at the length of that post of yours.

[personal attacks deleted by Admin]

I am often not specific when I ask questions but do so purposely, sometimes I get decent responses, sometimes I get no response, sometimes I get you. I don't want you, please.

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:01 PM. Reason: personal attacks
Old 09-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Comments need to be limited to the issues. Personal attacks on members are not permitted.

Tags
access schedule, father's rights, motions, parenting time