Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 09-25-2020, 10:35 AM
pinkHouses pinkHouses is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 138
pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

One parent in Montreal and the other in Oakville and the child was and lived where from birth and why would one of you move. Complex.

Your child is very young and removing the child from one parent for too long at that age is something you would want to seek professional advice on.

At that age a 2-2-5-5 schedule is very common and considered the healthier option.
When they become teenagers 1 week with one parent and the other week with the other is the norm.

He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school.

Of course the parent with less time will usually end up bearing some stress issues with lack of access. Instead of fighting, if possible, find a way to make them feel more comfortable with access. Longer weekends may suit him and his work schedule. It is not an easy situation to cope with for anyone involved.

What is going to happen after school starts, things eventually will settle down. Try calling CAS or some other child based organization for advice on what you and he can do to help. This is not something the cold hand of law deals with well.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-25-2020, 11:53 AM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,462
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
One parent in Montreal and the other in Oakville and the child was and lived where from birth and why would one of you move. Complex.

Your child is very young and removing the child from one parent for too long at that age is something you would want to seek professional advice on.

At that age a 2-2-5-5 schedule is very common and considered the healthier option.
When they become teenagers 1 week with one parent and the other week with the other is the norm.

He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school.

Of course the parent with less time will usually end up bearing some stress issues with lack of access. Instead of fighting, if possible, find a way to make them feel more comfortable with access. Longer weekends may suit him and his work schedule. It is not an easy situation to cope with for anyone involved.

What is going to happen after school starts, things eventually will settle down. Try calling CAS or some other child based organization for advice on what you and he can do to help. This is not something the cold hand of law deals with well.

Pink, you may want to go back and review this case posts. Mother was allowed to move by father and has been in new location for a long enough period. Now that father has to pay cs he has suddenly begun being difficult. This isnt a case of mom stealing child, moving unilaterally or forcing dad to accept it. Dad has suddenly pulled back since he found out he has to pay for his child.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-29-2020, 01:13 PM
pinkHouses pinkHouses is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 138
pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Pink, you may want to go back and review this case posts. Mother was allowed to move by father and has been in new location for a long enough period. Now that father has to pay cs he has suddenly begun being difficult. This isn�t a case of mom stealing child, moving unilaterally or forcing dad to accept it. Dad has suddenly pulled back since he found out he has to pay for his child.
No.
I am not the posters lawyer and they don't have a case file on here.
Because I did not know what was going on the only advice I provided was:

"He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school."

I don't know the dads motivation and neither do you, people change.
We have been through this before, please stop.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-29-2020, 01:24 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,462
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkHouses View Post
No.
I am not the posters lawyer and they don't have a case file on here.
Because I did not know what was going on the only advice I provided was:

"He may try to register the child for school in Quebec. So if you agree to anything make sure you specify the region the child will be going to school."

I don't know the dads motivation and neither do you, people change.
We have been through this before, please stop.

Youre making vague comments about a child custody situation as if the parents are in the same city.

Before you go making various posts with information that is not correct or confuses the original poster in their question, read the background to know the details.

And dont bother sending me private messages. You can save yourself time and energy as this wasnt your thread.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-29-2020, 02:01 PM
pinkHouses pinkHouses is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 138
pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You�re making vague comments about a child custody situation as if the parents are in the same city.

Before you go making various posts with information that is not correct or confuses the original poster in their question, read the background to know the details.

And don�t bother sending me private messages. You can save yourself time and energy as this wasn�t your thread.
[personal attacks deleted by Admin]

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: personal attacks
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-29-2020, 02:36 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,462
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough
Default Access motion

[response to personal attacks deleted by Admin]

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:03 PM. Reason: response to personal attacks
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-29-2020, 03:40 PM
pinkHouses pinkHouses is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 138
pinkHouses has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Wow, that was a whole lot of typing and deception you did there trying to puff yourself up.

The guy doesn't even want a 50/50 and lives 5 hours away by car. So 2-2-5; 2-2-3; they are irrelevant. My comment was a generalization, I even mentioned teenagers.
For an infant being away for a week as the guy wanted was not fitting.


We are not in court, this is an internet forum. "attack" and "berate" is exactly what you do. Cripes look at the length of that post of yours.


[personal attacks deleted by Admin]

I am often not specific when I ask questions but do so purposely, sometimes I get decent responses, sometimes I get no response, sometimes I get you. I don't want you, please.

Last edited by Jeff; 09-29-2020 at 05:01 PM. Reason: personal attacks
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-29-2020, 05:05 PM
Jeff's Avatar
Jeff Jeff is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Buried in paperwork
Posts: 629
Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of
Default

Comments need to be limited to the issues. Personal attacks on members are not permitted.
__________________
Ottawa Divorce
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
access schedule, father's rights, motions, parenting time


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Access and Custody - pending domestic assault trial Phoenix91 Divorce & Family Law 3 08-20-2020 08:58 PM
Confused about Motions - Can ex respond to motion with a motion? opticnerve Divorce & Family Law 2 08-18-2019 02:21 PM
Custody and Access Decision-Making and the Breastfeeding Child: Cavannah v. Johne WorkingDAD Divorce & Family Law 8 05-03-2011 10:55 AM
Question about access to a child/Notice of Motion BitHunter Divorce & Family Law 1 10-11-2010 02:23 PM
Appropriate Procedure gooddadgoingmad Divorce & Family Law 4 02-19-2006 03:44 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:50 AM.