reopening FRO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reopening FRO

child finished program , paid up and never missed payments and FRO closed the case , now its reopen , not sure why as ex doesn't provide the information
    does that mean now after over a year we would need to pay the last year in support when the file says 0 balance
    anyone with this situation and what happens , just got a form to pay to reopen , no details and nobody has been to court recently

I would be calling FRO immediately and asking for more details. Escalate to a supervisory if necessary. If the existing order you have is complete then they need to read that. They should have also provided full documentation.

Comment

thank you so much , trying to get at hold of them as there is no information on anything and yes the existing order is done and no documentation , complete blind side to this

Comment

FRO tends to just accept documentation without actually understanding it. Try calling first thing in the morning and keep trying. If that doesn’t work, call the ombudsman and they will crack down on it!

Comment

I took you advise and took it to the supervisor and they called yesterday , alot of unclear demands and the order is clearly finished , Getting done to the bottom of it , unfortunately grasping for money because she is out of work and has been for couple years now , Not a problem paying what is required but you cant request without proof and his supervisor was actually the best I have ever spoken to ! some faith in FRO for those who are legit and pay , Ill post the outcome to share with others as well

Comment

They are actually pretty good to work with when it is right. Interested to hear what she submitted.

Comment

FRO is satisfied with her word and a diploma , have to pay for an extra year over the agreement as child needed to go back to catch up part time , so where were the payments when not attending school ? still paid and taken , no issue paying to make sure the child has an education completed - even when it was part time but huge problem that no records were ever given and provided for proof , they were asked for and never provided , will pay up but will we asking for proof again and FRO isn't pushing the issue of proof and I just wonder what forms I would ask for to get this , or it will be a court issue for sure , lets be fair here , no problem paying but were is her accountability on this and clearly collect support when someone wasn't in school

Comment

Did they provide you with the forms she submitted? Because if they didn’t I would be calling my MPPs office, the Ombudsman and asking to speak to an additional supervisor. Especially if your order is completely clear on this.

You may also want to file an order to stop child support and outline the times you paid when she wasn’t in school and the offset amount owing. Within that filing you can demand proof of attendance/completion etc.

Comment

Is it not legal to provide this to the payor ? I cant see how someone thinks they don't and its okay , Somehow I dont think a judge wouldn't favor that , no problem paying if we are are on the honest level here but without proof its word of mouth thru FRO ? Ready to pay whats legit and be done

Comment

Originally posted by bestway21 View Post
                    Is it not legal to provide this to the payor ? I cant see how someone thinks they don't and its okay , Somehow I dont think a judge wouldn't favor that , no problem paying if we are are on the honest level here but without proof its word of mouth thru FRO ? Ready to pay whats legit and be done

This is the thing...when FRO sends account changes or what has been submitted to them then they have to send you a copy. You should have received a copy of what she submitted. If your order clearly says when cs ends then they should not be enforcing it. For example husbands order clearly states child support ends when a child reaches age 22. He called them and made the person read the order which clearly outlined the ages of the kids. The person at FRO agreed and adjusted his account to reflect this as kid had turned 22 six months before.

Comment

Thank you , your replies are wonderful and much appreciated , this makes sense

Comment

One thing that FRO kept saying was “we don’t change orders we simply enforce them” which is why I keep saying if it is in your order then they can enforce it but if it isn’t in there they can’t. Which means if the order says no support or expenses after an age and kid has reached that age then no support!

Comment

Apparently FRO has now added a balance due and no discussion on how , I have asked for paper work and also directly to get proof of school and she hasn't responded . I will do what rockscan has mentioned to ask for her submissions. What form is that again ? this is definitely beyond the agreement , how can they just do that without proper review. Also how do I get a copy that support is now ended? any help , thanks

Comment

I would be calling the enforcement agency and asking to speak to a supervisor if they are being difficult and charging you with no documentation. If that fails call the provincial ombudsman and get them on the case. They will bang down the door for you. No enforcement agency can add to an account and not provide documentation.

Comment

Latest
                              Forms sent to us with just arrears amounts no explanation
                              And FRO added it up and posted to account
                              Completely puzzled this is beyond the agreement and signed by a commissioner by her end
                              Incrediblely shady and unfair
                              Going to contest this

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X