X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form Assistant

Anyone used it? Thoughts/feedback?

I've been on the website and used the forms without the assistant. They are very straight foward. The document that explains the process is very helpful as well. Just one thing I learned through the process - be very direct, clear and concise in your documents - remember the Judge does not want to take a lot of time reading the document - just the facts!

There are very clear directions on Service of Documents so be careful with that and read it through i.e. can't serve on Sunday, you can't serve the document yourself etc.

Comment

I hated the forms assistant. I found using the forms in MS Word works good. Between the Guide, Family Law Rules, FLIC and some help from here, I have been successful to right to the 17E: Trial Management Conference Brief.

I only wish that we could modify the documents, but that requires a password, if anyone knows it?

Comment

I actually just downloaded as an MS Word document and worked with it from there - no idea how to modify from the Assistant.

Comment

I used it last night with only one small issue which was easily resolved. It was a long process but easy enough. I particularly liked that you can save your work as a file to your computer, give it a password and then re-open it online and start again where you left off.

When I was finished I was able to download the entire thing in a word document that already had all the calculations done and if you have macros enabled for Word any changes you make in the document auto-calculate for you. So far, so good!

Comment

Forms? There are forms?

Oh dear.....

Cheers!

Gary

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X