Annyoing Ex....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annyoing Ex....

It's Monday and it started off absolutely awful.

This came across my facebook just now and I thought I'd share. It managed to make me smile today, and that's quite a feat considering the mood I'm in.

I thought others may appreciate it as well.

Comment

My ex continues the habit........

Comment

if there was a like button for that, I would click it...a million times, lol

Comment

I like it very much

Comment

I think that was the one of the best laughs I ever had.

Comment

God ain't that the truth

Comment

I know its a joke and funny. But the real moment for you will be when you don't care about the ex one way or another. Because as long as you care, they have power over you. My ex is the mom to my kids, so I do hope she is stable and on her meds. But I don't care that she is engaged to someone else (well my wallet would like them to get married quick). I only care insofar as it affects the kids.

Comment

DD:

Despite all the nonsense from my ex, I can honestly say I don't hate him at all and don't really wish him ill. He doesn't need my help in that regard anyway, he's his own worst enemy.

I do wish he was a better father but I can't do much about that. I just don't feel anything for him and can no longer remember a time when I did.

I always find it strange when people are extremely interested or obsessive about what their ex is doing in their life or what their ex thinks. I have zero interest in anything my ex is doing and don't care about his opinion on anything. I know almost nothing about him now and truthfully, didn't know or care much about what he was doing even when we were still married.

I think holding on to resentment, hate or bitterness towards your ex really hampers your ability to move on with your life in a healthy way.

Comment

I agree PH. I don't hate my ex at all. That would give him too much power over me. If anything, I pity him as he too is his own worst enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                      I know its a joke and funny. But the real moment for you will be when you don't care about the ex one way or another. Because as long as you care, they have power over you. My ex is the mom to my kids, so I do hope she is stable and on her meds. But I don't care that she is engaged to someone else (well my wallet would like them to get married quick). I only care insofar as it affects the kids.
                      I very much agree with DD. There is a fine line between love and hate. Have you ever loved and hated a person at the same time?

Indifference is the opposite of love. To be able, in time, to disconnect from your ex, to be detached from feeling any intense emotions for this person, is going to be your best road to healing and moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DowntroddenDad View Post
                        Yeah, sometimes they force you to care. When you have joint custody and one leaves the country with no notice and not an iota of consideration for the child, you're forced to remain in the situation. Not breathing is a much easier option. LOL

He isn't involved in my daughter's life at all, but holds on to joint custody like it's an investment or something.

It didn't take a lot to get over him, but he's sure making it difficult to move past him. Hopefully in January, I'll be a step closer to closing the book on him altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
                          I agree PH. I don't hate my ex at all. That would give him too much power over me. If anything, I pity him as he too is his own worst enemy.
                          I feel the same way about the pity. But, I also really dislike him as well. I dislike his conduct, the way he speaks to me/daughter/people in general, and all in all, I don't think he's a good person. A chameleon.

Comment

This post is lame, especially if your ex is the father of your children - as much as i dislike my ex, its probably outweighed by my pity for her and the harm that comes to my children whenever bad things befall her (which happens a lot). Get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                              This post is lame, especially if your ex is the father of your children - as much as i dislike my ex, its probably outweighed by my pity for her and the harm that comes to my children whenever bad things befall her (which happens a lot). Get a life.
                              You're taking time out of your professional, busy life to comment on something being lame?

Lame?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                              Working...
                              X