This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex's New Partner Arrested in Front of Kids

So, what I am being told when I call the police station is that I cannot access any information, nor am I entitled to any information about police incidents that have occurred at my ex's place, in front of the children.

My ex's boyfriend has apparently been arrested on several occassions while with the children and somehow this is none of my business?!?!
    I learned of these incidents from several different people, including a mutual family friend who had to call the police on one occassion. I'm worried about what my kids are seeing over there.

The legal system is a mess. My ex gets to make every allegation in the book against me yet the real criminal is protected by the Privacy act. I'm pissed to say the least.

Is there no way at all for me to get this information? I find it hard to believe that as a parent I have no rights to know what illegal activities are happening around my young children.

Thanks

Freedom of information Act will allow you to obtain censored reports.
    Names of individuals will be censored, as well as sensitive information like addreses.
    But you'll most likely be able to fill in the blanks and get an idea of what occured.

You can file for a motion through family court to have unredacted documents (police reports) released to you.

You can also call (at trial) the police departments clerk (look into who exactly) to be a witness - they would bring documents you ask for with them, and you could enter them into evidence that way.

I know how you feel. My five year old son was recently questioned at the police station as to whether or not I had engaged in innappropriate sexual activity with him. This interview was taped - but I am not allowed to see it.
    Awesome.

Comment

I have received several accounts (all the same) of what has happened but having it in writing from the police would be golden.

I feel for you, it's amazing how many people falsely accuse the other parent of sexual abuse.....that is something I would never think of doing to another parent regardless of how much anger I had towards them. Sad part is it takes their time and efforts away from cathcing the real pieces of crap that do these things.

Good luck to you man.

Originally posted by wretchedotis View Post
      Freedom of information Act will allow you to obtain censored reports.
      Names of individuals will be censored, as well as sensitive information like addreses.
      But you'll most likely be able to fill in the blanks and get an idea of what occured.

You can file for a motion through family court to have unredacted documents (police reports) released to you.

You can also call (at trial) the police departments clerk (look into who exactly) to be a witness - they would bring documents you ask for with them, and you could enter them into evidence that way.

I know how you feel. My five year old son was recently questioned at the police station as to whether or not I had engaged in innappropriate sexual activity with him. This interview was taped - but I am not allowed to see it.
      Awesome.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X