This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best out-of-town parent I can be?

Due to one reason or another, I may become the secondary/access parent, and an out-of-town one at that. It's a hard decision and it breaks my heart to know that I won't be there to see my 2 yr old's little changes, but I may end up on the other coast. Any one have experience with being a reasonable parent, despite being far away?

Phoenix_will_rise,

That is a tough situation considering your child is only a child once. Children grow up fast. Perhaps you and your ex can set up some sort of interactive web cams and have have some form of the child's access occur in this fashion. I know of a few individuals that are overseas for employment and communicate with their respective families with this method.

Additionally, there should be no reason why your child could not travel to your location or that you could travel to your child's location throughout the year to maintain and foster the relationship. Costs of such travel should be shared between the parents after all such access is the right of the child's.

lv

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X