Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default Types of Negligence Torts

I've been googling about to find out the different types of Negligence torts in Ontario; so far, I haven't found any. Could someone help me out here?
  #2  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
WorkingDAD WorkingDAD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,660
WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
I've been googling about to find out the different types of Negligence torts in Ontario; so far, I haven't found any. Could someone help me out here?
Going throu mountain of books in course of my ordeal I came across this material

4th Annual Family Law Summit
June 10 and 11, 2010
SKU 10-00506

TAB 4 - Tort Claims in family Law - The Frontier.

you can get it from library using inter-library loan
or if you have monney buy whole thing here
4th Annual Family Law Summit

Quote:
You will learn about:
Day 1
Family Law Rules Update
Amending pleadings and adding third parties
Child support in shared parenting situations
Tort claims in Family Law - expanding frontier?
Update on income analysis
Domestic contracts
Limited scope retainers
The family home

Day 2
Hague Convention on abduction
Awaiting the new era in pension division - bill 133
Bill 133 - custody and access issues
Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada update
Child protection issues
Spousal support: all guidelines, all the time
The hard questions of spousal support
PS:
I still have a book but have to bring it back to library
  #3  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:54 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default

Er.. I just wanted to know atleast 2 types of Negligence torts.. it's part of my final lesson in this Introduction to Law course (so close to finishing this dang thing). It asked me to find 2 types of Intentional Torts, that was easy, there
  #4  
Old 11-22-2011, 04:58 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
Going throu mountain of books in course of my ordeal I came across this material

4th Annual Family Law Summit
June 10 and 11, 2010
SKU 10-00506

TAB 4 - Tort Claims in family Law - The Frontier.

you can get it from library using inter-library loan
or if you have monney buy whole thing here
4th Annual Family Law Summit



PS:
I still have a book but have to bring it back to library
Er.. I just need to know the names of 2 different types of Negligence Torts.. it's the last lesson in this high school law course. If no one knows atleast 2 types, I'll just leave it blank, maybe put in a "could not find"; it's not worth taking an inter library loan out when I'm this close to finishing it. I found -4- types of Intentional Torts:

1- Assault
2- Battery
3- Medical Battery
4- False imprisonment

They were easy to find in the text book. The text book just has this thing about hiding (or just not including) certain information. But then, what can you expect from a book that asks me to explain what is meant by "litigation of losses" (they meant mitigation of damages -.-). Usually google saves the day, but not this time.
  #5  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 PM
WorkingDAD WorkingDAD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,660
WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default

It may be just me but I got feeling that you are little bit lazy
  #6  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM
KeepSmiling KeepSmiling is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dorking
Posts: 347
KeepSmiling is on a distinguished road
Default

how about .....

product liability or
occupiers' liability or
vicarious liability
  #7  
Old 11-22-2011, 05:27 PM
WorkingDAD WorkingDAD is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,660
WorkingDAD is on a distinguished road
Default

what about this one

At common law, alienation of affections is a tort action brought by a deserted spouse against a third party alleged to be responsible for the failure of the marriage. The defendant in an alienation of affections suit is typically an adulterous spouse's lover, although family members, counselors and therapists or clergy members who have advised a spouse to seek divorce have also been sued for alienation of affections.

I like that one.
  #8  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:39 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
It may be just me but I got feeling that you are little bit lazy
Am not, laugh :-).
  #9  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:47 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepSmiling View Post
how about .....

product liability or
occupiers' liability or
vicarious liability
Thanks so much KeepSmiling. The text mentioned both occupiers' liability and vicarious liability, but they never said that either was a form of unintentional tort (dang disorganized textbook -.-). Come to think of it, they never made it fully clear that some words they mentioned were intentional torts, but because I've actually heard of that type in the past, I was able to guess what words qualified. And while the text danced around with the concept of "manufacturers having to meet a standard of care" by meeting "four criteria" and dutifully listing said criteria, they never even mentioned product liability. They mentioned a "concept of manufacturer liability" and left it at that. Are product liability and manufacturer liability just different ways of saying the same thing?
  #10  
Old 11-22-2011, 07:48 PM
scott scott is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20
scott is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingDAD View Post
what about this one

At common law, alienation of affections is a tort action brought by a deserted spouse against a third party alleged to be responsible for the failure of the marriage. The defendant in an alienation of affections suit is typically an adulterous spouse's lover, although family members, counselors and therapists or clergy members who have advised a spouse to seek divorce have also been sued for alienation of affections.

I like that one.
Laugh :-). They certainly never mentioned -that- one in the textbook :-p. Well, if slander or libel were involved, I'd think it's fair game anyway...
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.