Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:07 PM

LovingFather32 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
He refused the EM to save you time, money and a costs order.
Tayken's stance on the issue is that I should have gotten one right away .. the day after. That I should know my rights regarding abduction.

FB: I agree I need a lawyer. So you're saying I should most definitely hold off on any kind of motion until I get one? I'm gong to try my hardest to find one. Just tough because theyre not budging and I cant afford one. Now shes not even showing up and Im being accused of falsifying e-mails. Its getting out of control now.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-27-2014 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:25 PM

good_mom is on a distinguished road

Stop with the could have, should have...you are wasting time that can be utilized to work on your case.

You have 3 choices:

1-fully self rep

2-self rep with lawyer helping in the background

3-full on lawyer

Time for you to make a choice and stick to it. Time to make a choice on cours of action and stick to it.

Stop being side tracked and focus on the information that will help you and the time on your file.

So they accused you of falsifying e-mails...again suggest OFD fully paid, do not say anything about the accusations.

Keep being nice nice and push forth proper means of communication and keep on asking for access.

Old 06-27-2014, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_mom View Post
Stop with the could have, should have...you are wasting time that can be utilized to work on your case.

You have 3 choices:

1-fully self rep

2-self rep with lawyer helping in the background

3-full on lawyer

Time for you to make a choice and stick to it. Time to make a choice on cours of action and stick to it.

Stop being side tracked and focus on the information that will help you and the time on your file.

So they accused you of falsifying e-mails...again suggest OFD fully paid, do not say anything about the accusations.

Keep being nice nice and push forth proper means of communication and keep on asking for access.
Great advice. I am getting side-tracked. You're right.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:37 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

LF32 didn't lose the EM

If the lawyer was saving him money by not going to a EM...then LF32 would have nothing...no access

LF32 got a Judge to direct access offers by parties and less than a month later recieved the access. How is it LF32 lost?...because the motion cost him 200 lousy bucks?
Old 06-27-2014, 12:38 PM

You will never know until you get to court what they may or may not have on you…so what?

You have what you need to show you are a good parent and that what counts.

What you have is what counts. What you presently don't have is time with D3.

So what is the worst thing at a motion till trail that can happen...you end up with the same access?

What is the best thing that can happen, additional access with no supervision, great and it is better then what you have now.

Everyday that you wait to make a move is one day less….make a choice and get this rolling.

If you do get additional time, always have supervisor present at pick ups and drop off even if this is ordered to protect yourself

You will never know unless you try.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:40 PM

People stop talking about the past events and help him move ahead with this.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:42 PM

MrToronto is on a distinguished road

Yes LF32 like QM wrote above say nothing on there Slander,

if you want to add something "health and welfare-ish" over the other day inquire if the baby sitter was given your number in case of an emergency if the ex couldn't be contacted at the Festival

Oh and if you have time, make a mental note of printing shops around the courthouse. (I've run to them a few times...needing copies while at Court)

Last edited by MrToronto; 06-27-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:25 PM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Agreed lets move on.

So next decision is long or short motion.

I believe you have enough for either.

If you go with short you really can only deal with one thing. Right now that would be increased 'unsupervised" access and OFW for communication.

However thinking long term where D3 is registered in school is the one thing most likely to affect the outcome of this. A judge will NOT want to be changing schools around all the time.

Maybe you do two motions?

Short motion, ask for the moon but accept less, cover your basis using the wording I mentioned before. 50/50 alternatively EOW and Wed, alternatively any other increased unsupervised access

Offer to settle would be unsupervised access with an overnight Sat morning to Sunday Morning.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrToronto View Post
Yes LF32 like QM wrote above say nothing on there Slander,

if you want to add something "health and welfare-ish" over the other day inquire if the baby sitter was given your number in case of an emergency if the ex couldn't be contacted at the Festival

Oh and if you have time, make a mental note of printing shops around the courthouse. (I've run to them a few times...needing copies while at Court)
Only thing about bringing up festival...itll just be denied. I will however continue to ask about health issues (what's deal with the new puffer being brought to access?). Id love name of new dr.

I have a printing/copy/post office all in one shop directly across from courthouse. Very convenient.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-27-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post
Agreed lets move on.

So next decision is long or short motion.

I believe you have enough for either.

If you go with short you really can only deal with one thing. Right now that would be increased 'unsupervised" access and OFW for communication.

However thinking long term where D3 is registered in school is the one thing most likely to affect the outcome of this. A judge will NOT want to be changing schools around all the time.

Maybe you do two motions?

Short motion, ask for the moon but accept less, cover your basis using the wording I mentioned before. 50/50 alternatively EOW and Wed, alternatively any other increased unsupervised access

Offer to settle would be unsupervised access with an overnight Sat morning to Sunday Morning.
Great idea. For the short motion id have to do some pruning on that affidavit that was constructed for a longer motion.

Also. He just got drug test. I'll let him sit on that. He just screwed up in e-mails, causing supervisor to wait for an hour, shortening my access and alsely accusing me. He will be reprimanded in court. As I understand it e -mail strings can be altered quite easily but if I print screen of actual e-mail its much better evidence (says a techy friend). Only way to alter it then is photoshop.

It seems he keeps shooting himself in the foot each week.

Lawyer girl contacted me. Wants me to drop doc's next wed and have free hour consult next day to see how complicated it all is. I'll let lawyer sit on drug test until then. Pehaps he'll make yet another mistake in the meantime. Maybe I'll just hire her to be behind the scenes. I'll make my decision after that consult on thursday on motion. In the meantime I'll construct a great short motiin affidavit/notice with orders.
I have the thousand bucks to retain her. Shes well known.

Last edited by LovingFather32; 06-27-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Tags
50/50, abduction, access, custody, false allegations