Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-01-2020, 03:23 PM

Asphenaz is on a distinguished road
Default FRO will stop collection due to poor wording in SA

Long story short; my ex and her lazy legal aid lawyer after 3 years got her a very confusing and convoluted SA. The SA is very confusing because my ex's lawyer would copy/paste from previous agreement, offers, and recommendations and would not read it.

So now FRO will be stopping enforcement in a couple months of both SS and CS. This is because in the support section, there were three different SS and CS amount changes each with a start and end date.

The reason they are stopping is because my ex's lawyer put an end date on the final change. There are two clauses in the SA; the first is the conditions under which the CS will end (no dates) and the other is that SS will be under review a year from now.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Knowing my ex this will become a court battle for no reason. Could this be considered a material change?
Old 04-01-2020, 03:53 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

did you not have a chance to read the agreement and review it with your lawyer then sign off on it?
Old 04-02-2020, 11:09 AM

Asphenaz is on a distinguished road

Yes, both her lawyer and mine. But after 3 days of correcting his mistakes; we thought we got them all. There was several passages that contradicted themselves. Like this one.
Old 04-02-2020, 07:46 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphenaz View Post
Yes, both her lawyer and mine. But after 3 days of correcting his mistakes; we thought we got them all. There was several passages that contradicted themselves. Like this one.
you may think her lawyer was lazy but so was yours..He and you should of caught this stuff.