Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:01 AM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
You could always stay home!
It's hard, they ask you to go, and how can you say no? Also, it is fun to watch your children play in tournaments. It is like watching professional sports except you are much more invested in the team 'cause it's your kid.

Also, if I recall correctly HammerDad is a NCP, which means he is unlikely to not take the time he can get. It may have changed recently though, I vaguely recall him posting a thread about that.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:40 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
It's hard, they ask you to go, and how can you say no? Also, it is fun to watch your children play in tournaments. It is like watching professional sports except you are much more invested in the team 'cause it's your kid.

Also, if I recall correctly HammerDad is a NCP, which means he is unlikely to not take the time he can get. It may have changed recently though, I vaguely recall him posting a thread about that.
You are right. I am an NCP, which means I get precious little time with my D.

My D also expects me to go, as I have always gone. We get some time together, and she sees I am supporting her. For certain tournaments though, the ones that are 5-6 days long, I don't go for the whole thing. I would simply go over the weekend.

If I didn't go, especially in the early years, my ex would make a big deal with our D about me not supporting her at her activities. I know this, as I mentioned that I may not go to one early on and the ex flipped about how I don't support our daughter, and that she was expected to do everything (martyring herself). So I go to a) see and spend time with my D, and b) to take the wind out of my ex's sails about me not supporting the kid.

To be honest, I do enjoy it. D normally does really well and I like seeing her happy. I try to stay out of my ex's way as much as possible, but make sure D knows I am there.