Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 04-01-2020, 02:26 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalentines View Post
Ok - I'm approaching 1.5 months and trying very hard to keep going. Your website is very motivating and helps to know that I should keep advocating for my children.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Note though that the difference between you and him you were actually charged and are going through a criminal case. Plus you had access but ended up with supervised access due to an ill advised motion. This apples to oranges. I know you miss your kids but you should not get into a mindset where you make a move that sets you back even further.
Old 04-01-2020, 02:26 PM

DadWhoDidntGiveUp is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDad1234 View Post
That is amazing news!! Congrats!! Hopefully the Arbitrator came down on your ex for acting the way she did...
Stating the Arbitrator “came down on your ex” is an understatement. She really came down H-A-R-D on Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex. I want to frame her decision and put it up on my wall because it’s the first time in 6 years that someone in authority has put Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex in her place.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
Old 04-01-2020, 04:45 PM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockscan View Post
Note though that the difference between you and him you were actually charged and are going through a criminal case. Plus you had access but ended up with supervised access due to an ill advised motion. This apples to oranges. I know you miss your kids but you should not get into a mindset where you make a move that sets you back even further.
Hi Rockscan,

Good point (and memory). I regret my decision everyday as it could not have come at a worse time. Had the motion only been a week later it would have been adjourned.

Now the new order also prohibits me from bringing any further motions as well as the Mother is not budging on giving me access since all supervised facilities are closed.

Looks like I won't be seeing them for another couple months until this COVID thing is finished with.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:05 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadWhoDidntGiveUp View Post
I won the Arbitration.

Thanks for everyone’s support and assistance.

Thanks Kinso and Tayken for posting the information regarding the Pazaratz ruling — I immediately forwarded the case law to the Arbitrator upon reading your posts.

The Arbitrator cited Pazaratz in her decision.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
Excellent news. It is unfortunate that you had to go to arbitration over the matter. The lawyer representing the other parent in this matter should have known better.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:06 AM

vocalfather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post
Excellent news. It is unfortunate that you had to go to arbitration over the matter. The lawyer representing the other parent in this matter should have known better.

Money talks - unruly clients sometimes talk even louder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-03-2020, 12:12 AM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DadWhoDidntGiveUp View Post
Stating the Arbitrator “came down on your ex” is an understatement. She really came down H-A-R-D on Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex. I want to frame her decision and put it up on my wall because it’s the first time in 6 years that someone in authority has put Miss Glad-She’s-Now-An-Ex in her place.

DadWhoDidntGiveUp
WWW.CUSTODY.WTF
Eventually, the nonsense catches up with them. Imagine if you went before Pazaratz. :P

If you want some good reading check out the threads from a user named WorkingDad. Legendary case claw and the other parent actually used to post on this forum... crazy stuff. It's great stuck-at-home reading during COVID-19 lockdown.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocalfather View Post
Money talks - unruly clients sometimes talk even louder
I wish judges would order costs against lawyers who bring nonsense matters forward. They are officers of the court and not only have a duty to serve their client but, the courts too.

Too many Jim "The Hammer" Shapiro's out there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Shapiro_(attorney)
Old 04-03-2020, 09:50 AM
Banned

Abba435 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As officers of the court lawyers should be reprimanded for allowing any client to pursue frivolous claims. Advocacy has gone too far. It is damaging to everyone. The lawyer I had for a while (who I loved but could not afford) gave me very stern advice that he would not engage with the other side's nonsense and made it clear to me that he would not be party to anything vexatious from me. Full stop. Judges should have the authority to penalize, reverse fees and enter public admonishment. In my dreams.

Tags
covid, covid19, custody, pandemic