Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 11-07-2013, 03:39 PM

stripes is on a distinguished road

You're not far wrong, minus the feather boa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuinghappiness View Post
Solicited?

Like walked up to your car wearing a feather boa, leaned in the window and asked if you wanted some company for the evening?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:01 PM

frustratedwithex is an unknown quantity at this point

See Mess post below from the thread "emotional manipulation".

In a nut shell, it was the usual posting, an apology, and then more posting about being the victim.

At one point the forum owner posted that he felt it showed character for the said poster to apologize and that he appreciated the posters contribution to the forum. I called the forum owner out, saying that that was typical bully behaviour and did not, in my opinion, show any character. That thread was quickly removed. More posting from said poster and a 'slug', they were tag-teaming, and below is what eventually followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mess View Post
Here is the sequence of events:
  1. He makes progressively sexist, vulgar comments;
  2. Other posters complain about the comments in a thread about his behaviour, where he refuses to apologize;
  3. He gets warned several times by the Mods and by the board owner;
  4. He apologizes then, apparently not because he sees anything wrong with his posts, but because he has been called out;
  5. He now makes repeated posts like the above, dramaticly portraying himself as a victim of authoritarianism.
  6. Which is what makes me believe his earlier apology was insincere.
Oink, if you really bad about the posts you made that were offensive to others, then you shouldn't feel that you were unfairly targeted by the mods. If you really feel that the mods were unfair, then you weren't being sincere with your apology.

I do feel that this scenario is on topic regarding emotional manipulation.

Last edited by frustratedwithex; 11-07-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:16 PM

Pursuinghappiness will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was talking about you! hahaha
lol...hahahahahaha. Well, I haven't been gone quite that long...plus I started posting here a lot longer than the poster in question.

Plus I'm definitely also female. I let HadEnough flip me upside down to check. She can vouch!
Old 11-07-2013, 06:11 PM

OhMy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
Hi everyone, hey PH how are you?
Jeez I'm sorry I missed the action/cause for the turf-out/"vacation".. ahhh.. a vacation.. that would be nice.. SO.. what finally happened that oink was ejected?
Holy crap! Welcome back hadenough. Missed your contributions on here.

I must admit, I won't miss the posts by the recently jousted member .
Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM

hadenough is on a distinguished road

PH I verily agree that you are female I vouch for you! I'm not sure what happened but I do feel it takes a lot to get booted off here. Most people have a particular writing style, and I don't think it would be overly difficult to spot them after just a few "new" posts.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:13 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedwithex View Post
See Mess post below from the thread "emotional manipulation".

In a nut shell, it was the usual posting, an apology, and then more posting about being the victim.

At one point the forum owner posted that he felt it showed character for the said poster to apologize and that he appreciated the posters contribution to the forum. I called the forum owner out, saying that that was typical bully behaviour and did not, in my opinion, show any character. That thread was quickly removed. More posting from said poster and a 'slug', they were tag-teaming, and below is what eventually followed.
Yes, that was me that caused all that drama. And, I thought Jeff's response to oink's apology was a little...uh, well, I don't know...unwarranted. There wasn't a sincere word in the apology - and in fact - oink stated that the PM of his I posted () was in response to one I had sent him. I called oink out on that in the thread, Jeff stepped in and thanked oink for being a big fat oinky-doink.

But, I left it that .... I put oink on ignore like I was told to (mess or blink...can't remember) and never read another oinky word again
Old 11-07-2013, 08:20 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough View Post
PH I verily agree that you are female I vouch for you! I'm not sure what happened but I do feel it takes a lot to get booted off here. Most people have a particular writing style, and I don't think it would be overly difficult to spot them after just a few "new" posts.
lol remember WDs ex luba, storm, confused mommy (who apparently was a guy or so s/he said) and I think there was another name she used but I could be wrong.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 PM

MS Mom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Squirrel View Post
Yes a valuable lesson of how a bpd/npd conducts themselves online.. scary thing is, some folks hide it much better than others. I have had the misfortune of meeting a few narcs.. it gets easier to spot their patterns and nonsense once the affliction they have, is understood. They certainly have their very own special set of rules.
My ex is a narcissist. The biggest issue is that you have to be "on" all the time. You can't let your guard down at all, and they force you into corners. My ex once came into my house - back in the early days when he was using access - and asked if he could use the facilities - on his way into the bathroom he picked up my house phone and proceeded to go through every call while in the bathroom. He coughed to cover the beeping noise of the phone. When he came out, he had the phone in his hand - I asked what he was doing with it - he denied having it. It was clearly in his freakin' hand, but he denied it was there. Makes it very difficult to come to any sort of common ground, doesn't it?

I asked him to wait at the front door in future, he told me that wasn't "acceptable to him".

So, I made him wait in the car.

Just one of many incidents that I endured. I ended up having to install security lights outside my house just to keep him from lurking on my front porch - he literally believed he had every right to be there at 11pm on a Monday night.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:01 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Isn't there a better way to handle a poster, who is taking a "forced vacation"?

Most of the threads that this poster posted in, are now mangled (page-numbering-wise), and some of those posts were allowed to stand, before? I'm still hitting threads that apparently he posted in, and getting the same postings coming up, when I try to advance the page (which isn't really there I guess).

Seems one would just deactivate the account in question, and remove the few "offensive" posts, that needed it.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:13 PM

HappyMomma is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing he's lurking right now and ever so happy there is an entire thread dedicated to his departure.