Finding old child support orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding old child support orders

Ok so I've lost my original court papers for a cs order back from '97-98..went to the family law office here in Ottawa and they state the computers don't go back past 2000..I obviously don't have my file # either..I mean I've moved 3-4 times in the last 15 years and have obviously misplaced them somewhere!! ;(

Any ideas?? Somebody suggested contacting FRO (the ex and I signed papers stating we wanted to withdrawal from FRO)

The ex?? Yeaaa..she don't have them either..

Which courthouse was the order filed with? I would start there - provide the courthouse staff/clerks with relevant information such as the last names of the parties, approximate month and year that the order was filed etc., and they should be able to help you try to find the originals.

Comment

The clerk's can usually do a search for the file number based on your name. Might take a while longer if it's not computerized.

If they cannot do so, then tell them you need a letter from them indicating they cannot produce the existing order.

Did you or your ex have a lawyer? Maybe they have a copy of it?

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
        The clerk's can usually do a search for the file number based on your name. Might take a while longer if it's not computerized.

If they cannot do so, then tell them you need a letter from them indicating they cannot produce the existing order.

Did you or your ex have a lawyer? Maybe they have a copy of it?
        Yep..the clerk asked me all that already..we both didn't have a lawyer..self rep (duty counsel) actually, she had legal aid..

I gave the clerk my drivers license, etc..she checked the computer and said nothing shows past the year 2000..if I had a file # though I'm thinking it woulda been easier!! S**T!!

I guess my next move is FRO and see what they have..

All this took place in Ottawa courthouse..same place I just came from asking for help..

Comment

You might try Canada Revenue Service as well. If any orders were done through the FRO then they might have cross references back to Court Deduction Orders.

Comment

I've lost my original court papers for a cs order back from '97-98
            Why do you need the original papers? Has support not been paid?

Comment

Originally posted by OrleansLawyer View Post
              Why do you need the original papers? Has support not been paid?
              Recent stbx's lawyer has asked in their cc disclosure that I show some kinda of proof that I pay cs and to whom, for how long, etc..the stbx is well aware..her lawyers just being a b**ch..grasping at straws really

The judge at the cc has agreed..along with our disclosures

Comment

You only need receipts to show the payments I would think. Wait... it's been 16 years? Is this a newer/improved stbx?

Comment

Originally posted by paris View Post
                  You only need receipts to show the payments I would think. Wait... it's been 16 years? Is this a newer/improved stbx?
                  Hey Paris..yes this is a newer stbx..improved?? That's debatable..lol

I mean she looked "improved" when we 1st met

Lol

I do have receipts that I've been paying the original stbx though

Comment

asked in their cc disclosure that I show some kinda of proof that I pay cs and to whom, for how long
                    Receipts. Bank statements. Better yet, a letter from the recipient saying "OP pays CS of XXXX for YYYY children".

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X