Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-10-2020, 06:34 PM

guydeluxe2018 is on a distinguished road
Default Daycare,private and public school

My son was supposed to start Jr kindergarten in September. We went to court in January and the judge issued an interim order that states "she can enroll the child in private school and the will be no status quo and the respondent (me) will not contribute except for section 7 expenses " . My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NOTABLE-00055.jpg (89.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg NOTABLE-00058.jpg (83.6 KB, 15 views)
Old 08-10-2020, 06:49 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
My son was supposed to start Jr kindergarten in September. We went to court in January and the judge issued an interim order that states "she can enroll the child in private school and the will be no status quo and the respondent (me) will not contribute except for section 7 expenses " . My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
I would say yes...she did not enroll the child into private school.
Old 08-10-2020, 07:00 PM

The child is technically supposed to be in jk in September, she is choosing to put the child in daycare and I am not in agreement. I have enrolled to do my Masters degree in September ,should I be forfeiting my education when I sacrificed for the child to finish daycare so I can go to school?
Old 08-10-2020, 07:53 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

The judge said she could do private school which you would have had to pay for correct? Daycare would be the net cost split between you.

Tell her your thoughts and go from there. If you arent working full time then your share of the expense isnt that high.
Old 08-10-2020, 08:19 PM

Hi Rocksan,

The judge said that if she wants to put the child in private school then she will be responsible, I only pay for your s7 expenses. I believe that if she advocated for the courts to take the child into private school, she should go ahead and do it, I also also believe she is trying to pull me back financially, now I have to drop out off school, she does not follow the access orders, she changes them to cause chaos in my life when I think I am stable
Old 08-10-2020, 08:57 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

You may want to point out to her that a class of 8-10 is no different than daycare and if the child is not safe at school then they are not safe at daycare either.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:22 PM

Thank you rocksan,I am tired and just wanna move on with my life, people breakup, no excuse to me my life miserable, I am not a dead beat dad
Old 08-10-2020, 09:31 PM

Thanks much appreciated Rocksan
Old 08-10-2020, 10:31 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by guydeluxe2018 View Post
My ex, the applicant is proposing putting the child back in daycare and I have to contribute. I understand these are unusual times, am I obligated to pay?
If she is enrolling the child in daycare for employment purposes, then I imagine you will have to pay your proportionate share.

The kid is still young. Maybe try to switch your custodial arrangement to 50%? That way you will have more control over your child's life (and your own life).
Old 08-11-2020, 01:33 AM

tilt is on a distinguished road

School is not compulsory until the year the child turns 6, so daycare is still a valid choice. Given the choice between 30 kids in JK or 8 kids in daycare I would go for daycare too in the current situation. If she is not working or in school there is little reason for daycare though. Assuming she genuinely needs childcare, you are responsible for it as section 7. If you are in school you may have access to subsidies - be sure to ask at your school.