Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Political Issues

Political Issues This forum is for discussing the political aspects of divorce: reform to divorce laws, men's rights, women's rights, injustices in the divorce system, etc.

Old 04-23-2020, 05:27 PM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road

Don't jump into assumptions.

Never had a criminal record. I was given a plea deal and I did not take it.

She made more money than me and had her own bank account with more savings than me. I paid for our mortgage + groceries and she refused to contribute.

Just because I'm a male doesn't mean I automatically am controlling. In this day and age, it is more common for women to abuse men. At least the legal system severely disadvantages males.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:44 PM

Janus will become famous soon enoughJanus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalentines View Post
Just because I'm a male doesn't mean I automatically am controlling.
Of course not, we think you are controlling because you sound controlling. Lots of mothers on this forum also sound controlling. Men tend to try and control money, women tend to try and control kids. Neither is a winner.

Quote:
In this day and age, it is more common for women to abuse men.
*citation needed*

It is possible that the rates are relatively equal, but I doubt that woman abuse at a statistically higher rate.

Quote:
At least the legal system severely disadvantages males.
It absolutely does.

You need to be careful though, you do this often. You lump too many things together, and as long as one of them is wrong, we dismiss all the others.

Imagine I told you that an offer to settle helps you win costs, and another way to win costs is to get a penis tattoo of the judge's name. My second claim is clearly wrong, so you might dismiss the first thing I said, even though I was correct. That's why I don't want you writing letters to MP's. You lump too many things together; some of which have, at best, a tenuous link to reality.
Old 07-22-2020, 03:22 PM

sahibjee is on a distinguished road

Quote:

There is NO WAY false allegations are only 2%.
I don't know about other jurisdictions, but Toronto police closes 14-15% cases every year for being unfounded. Those are the cases that the police BELIEVE did not happen and were not plausible and can demonstrate that. Of course in the vast majority of cases where they do charge the victim (falsely accused is the actual victim here) they re simply covering their asses even though they know the charges are lies.

As for those who are saying this shouldn't be here are perhaps forgetting that false allegations of sexual assault are very much connected to separation and divorce even when the case is not directly matrimonial because the outcome is training the a certain segment of the society in how to levy false allegations and get away with them. A lot of these people end up getting married and then using this training post breakup.
Old 07-22-2020, 05:17 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibjee View Post
I don't know about other jurisdictions, but Toronto police closes 14-15% cases every year for being unfounded.
reference? citation?
Old 07-27-2020, 04:15 PM

HammerDad will become famous soon enough

Quote:
5. http://canlii.ca/t/h5018
She texted him to come over for "Hot Sex". Next day she files for rape and wins
This case is misleading. In this case the presiding judge was retiring and decided to make a statement as he walked out the door. The judge brought in a lot of rape myths and other studies that were not entered during the trial. Essentially, the judge was making a political statement, not a judgement on the facts.

This case is very well known and has had lots of news on it. The only thing she "won" was a peace bond that neither would go near each other. Being that he had since moved to BC to restart his life from being ruined, I doubt he wants to be around her.

One of my very close friends did the appeal in this case. In passing he made a comment that this was his easiest appeal he ever worked on as the judge made it so. He also mentioned that the complainant and her friends would constantly walk up to the defendant and harass him, yelling obscenities and insults.

This case is an outlier if there ever was one.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:34 PM

rvalentines is on a distinguished road

Outlier or not, this shows that Judges make mistakes, big ones at that. This case had a lot of media attention as you pointed out, which should have made the Judge even more cautious in making a ruling.

Imagine all the cases where there is zero media attention. How many cases have legal errors such as this one? How many cases have biases.

I would argue this is not an outlier but rather gives profound insight as to what happens behind closed doors in many cases, especially with self-represented litigants.