Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• self representing.

Hello everyone,

I am representing my self in Brampton Superior court. I don't have money to hire a lawyer and i am not qualified for legal aid.

My question is for people who fought their own motion. what are the success rate. How are the judges to self re-presenters, how do they treat you. I won my trial in 2016 with the help of a legal aid lawyer. Plus I was awarded the cost of 40,000.now ex is filing motion to change and I have proof of all his evidence being false from legit sources that no one can deny eg tax return certificate and google maps. My main concern is i get very emotional and frustrated when talking. Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by freespirit View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am representing my self in Brampton Superior court. I don't have money to hire a lawyer and i am not qualified for legal aid.

My question is for people who fought their own motion. what are the success rate. How are the judges to self re-presenters, how do they treat you. I won my trial in 2016 with the help of a legal aid lawyer. Plus I was awarded the cost of 40,000.now ex is filing motion to change and I have proof of all his evidence being false from legit sources that no one can deny eg tax return certificate and google maps. My main concern is i get very emotional and frustrated when talking. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
    If you cannot maintain your composure in the court room your finished. If you can, and you have good admin and prep skills you'll do just fine.

Comment

PlainNameDad44 I agree with....Judges are harsh non-human individuals....they would rather chew up someone for displaying natural human expressions (nervousness, stutter etc) than filter that like a professional paid for by the public.... oh wait they are not elected...so that gives them the power to do want ever their personal mandate may be.....

I cant stand our justice system.... I vote Doug Ford to fix this mess....

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
        PlainNameDad44 I agree with....Judges are harsh non-human individuals....they would rather chew up someone for displaying natural human expressions (nervousness, stutter etc) than filter that like a professional paid for by the public.... oh wait they are not elected...so that gives them the power to do want ever their personal mandate may be.....

Justices are very tolerant of many things I have found. They are simply not tolerant of factless, emotional arguments and parties that are not prepared or that refuse to follow court procedure.

There are too many people in need of access to justice to tolerate such childish behavior. People like this should hire a lawyer.

To N76, I am sorry, but you sound like a kook.

Comment

You must present yourself well, even if you are calm, being quiet and nervous stuttering etc might signal your lieing and many other things, be well prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Newfie76 View Post
            Lock her up!
            Lock her up!

...wait, wrong demagogue

Buck a beer!
            Buck a beer!

If you can do buck a beer, you are clearly the person who understands the complexities of the justice system and can fix the problems. I look forward to our upcoming Fordish utopia.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X