Seeking opinions/advice on my situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Janus View Post
    You cannot come to an agreement now, so your plan is to not come to an agreement and fight over it later? Are you serious?

To answer your question: It is not mandatory. However, not having one is insane.
    Agreed. You have a home together, you need an agreement. Get it done, get it writing, split everything right down the middle (including the household contents).

Comment

Equalization

Originally posted by denbigh View Post
      Im not sure how the inheritance plays into it, but outside of that you must , legally , split all assets 50/50.

can't we just request divorce only and just not request equalization? Then we are free to do whatever we want? Or do the courts force equalization even on a joint divorce?

Comment

Originally posted by toilet View Post
        can't we just request divorce only and just not request equalization? Then we are free to do whatever we want? Or do the courts force equalization even on a joint divorce?
        why the rush??? Do things properly. You two can decide how you want to split your assets the way you BOTH agree to.

I take it that maybe you want it rushed in order to get married again? That is the only reason I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by toilet View Post

Sure you can but without an agreement even after the divorce she can come back on you and request whatever she wants. I’m not sure what you’re not understanding from the posters here. You are setting yourself up to be screwed. You need an agreement to protect yourself in the future. But hey if you think you can trust this woman you has threatened to go after your inheritance and keep the dog if you don’t do what she says then trust her... why keep posting the same thing over and over again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate everyone’s comments. I think I’ll get in touch with a divorce lawyer and see about getting a separation agreement. I didn’t want to spend the couple thousand but the peace of mind will be worth it down the road. I agree, at this point I’m just being repetitive.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X