This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Response to response to motion to change

I am the applicant and I filed a motion to change our final court order. The respondent replied but there is not factual information in the response. Can I respond to the response before a case conference

Respond in court. If the other party is going in empty handed, then there is no argument. Make sure you can back up what you have filed for. Usually, there is some negotiation outside the courtroom between counsel to come to an agreement before going in front of a judge. If not, and you have a solid argument, let the judge decide.

Comment

I would send a professional reply that is very to the point and include evidence where necessary. The only benefit of being the applicant is that you get the first and last word.

Comment

I am not sure if there is a specific form but I would use a standard Affidavit form

Comment

Same here

I'll let you know the process at the end of this week. I'm in the same situation and going with no info provided by the Respondent (nothing submitted on their behave). I did send a polite note when I recieved a response to motion from her but she never filed her response with the court.

I've also submitted evidence by submitting form 14A so my claim can be backed up in court.

Comment

Mine is a motion to change too funny everyone is working on the same thing here. You can always file more materials within the date.

When in doubt use 14A

Comment

Well my Ex was given another 30days to give them time to submit their documents so the Case Conference was re-scheduled.

Hope yours goes better.

Comment

We filed our reply to the reponse in the end. We used the standard affidavit form so that we could discuss this material in future.

Comment

Response to response

Well because the affidavit was ten days past his response I needed to get a form to have him sign to have him submit them late. He refused to sign. I go tomorrow to set a date for a case conference.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X