This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fml

Me, my girlfriend, and my boy were dog-sitting last week.
    I had the boy week-about for the school summer months (Summer's over now *SAD*).

But anyways...
    as some may know I face a very contrary team in my ex and her husband. To the point that I have been falsely accused of sexual intereference with the boy, falsly accused and charged with uttering threats, falsly accused of just about anything and evrything you can imagine, in fact.

So anyways...
    the dog brought with him fleas. Unfortunately, the boy was bitten several times around his ankles. Of course, as soon as we realized we took steps to eliminate the pest from our household. Applied some calamine lotion to the boys ankles to ease the itching, and then...

this is the FML part...

I actually took pictures of him and the bites on his ankles before sending the boy back to Mom. Why? Because its going to be an issue. I WILL be accused of something. Not sure what yet - but its coming.
    Probably something along the lines of me locking the boy in a cage and purposefully flicking fleas at him.

So now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop.
    When will the police call?
    When will CAS call?
    It's just a matter of time.
    FML.

My girlfriend and I sympathize with you. We live the fear as do you apparently.

Let them know what happened, and that you took appropriate action to deal with the bites, and that you have taken action to deal with the fleas at home.

Then leave it at that. If they flip out, ignore them. You have been reasonable and done what the average person would do in the situation.

I am kinda afraid to teach our youngest to ride a bike when they are with me, because I know they will get scraped up eventually, and it will turn into being my fault.

So you know what... we found a great bike at a garage sale, got a new helmet and elbow/ knee pads, and damned the ex.... I am not letting our kids suffer and miss out because of all the allegations. Let them call cas or whomever the ex chooses.

I understand how much it sucks when you worry that every scratch and scrape will be analyzed after your time with the kids. It is a form of abuse that has carried over from your marriage. Don't get drawn into any arguments about these flea bites. Focus on your kids and letting them be kids. Nobody is going to fault you at the end of the day for that.

Keep strong.

Comment

Sounds like my ex. Same pattern of behavior and she also has a very aggressive and unreasonable partner.

Don't let her intimidate you and don't ever allow the other side to make you doubt your own skills as a parent.

Document everything and if CAS or the police are called, be as cooperative and polite as you can be. The onus of proof is on her if she
      wants to throw allegations at you.

Comment

I thought my ex only had 1 kid, but she must have more since she sounds just like the woman you all describe. Its sad when a scraped knee turns into a nasty email or whatever. Its even worse when your ex tells your kid that it is because Daddy wasn't watching you and it is his fault. Unfortunatly its almost impossible to prove alienation without alot of money. My ex also has a boyfriend who is very agressive in nature.

Comment

So its been a week, and I have to admit I have been surprised by her very limited response to the problem.

All that happened was that I got a somewhat b1tchy email from her about it and how they managed to travel to and infest her home now as a result.

I don't think they actually did - as we took fairly aggresive actions to stamp them out - but whatever. If she needs something to b1tch at me about I'll take that I infested her home over whatever nightmare I had been expecting.

But honestly, this is so out of character I'm thinking someone may have spoken to her or something.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X