Olympic exhaustion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympic exhaustion

I'm completely exhausted after 2 weeks of watching Olympic athleticism. The hockey game this morning was stand out.

Overall, we had some fantastic moments that made me so proud to be Canadian.

Going into Sochi, I didn't think Russia could pull this off (with the talk of protestors, dead dogs, etc.) and if I was a parent of an Olympian, I would have been very worried. Can't imagine how far in debt they are now.

I'll need a week off from work to recuperate.

But wow, just wow. What a great job our kids did.
    Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Life after The Olympics! I will be able to catch up on all those things I have let slide. Yes it was great to see our athletics do well. Proud to be a Canadian!

Comment

I watched the figure skating and hockey. Living in Southern California, I tuned in to the hockey at 4:00 a.m. One of the players is from my hometown, and saw him in a closeup shot. My pride in being a Canadian was bumped up a notch yesterday.

I love the weather and people here, but will always be a proud and grateful Canadian, no matter where I go!

Comment

Hello Caranna, how have you been?

Yes our athletes did us proud - is it just me or did you find the luge and speed skaters outfits kind of ... ugly-looking? Reminded me of medical journal photos of the human muscle system?

Comment

Hi Janibel,

I'm doing great, and love it here. I didn't watch much of the Olympics except for the figure type skating and of course hockey.

Comment

Glad to hear it Caranna! I really got a kick out of Putin's remarks concerning Canadian athletes lol! For those who missed it ...
            Putin in Canada House: 'Good luck, except in hockey' | News and Blogs - CTV News at Sochi 2014

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X