fRO online Yeah!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fRO online Yeah!

So for all,those frustrated FRO clients out there. I have just received a registration package to register for the FRO online information and communication with FRO. Have not looked at it yet, but according to my client advisor we will be able to check all information online, post communication requests, receive information from our case advisor, complete forms such as arreRs and such. Also be able to get update financials. Finally some update communications.

Only hope it does not take 6 months to register.

This is great news! Please update on how the process is working out...

Comment

Does anyone have any more information on this?

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi Ontario Momma

So after a 10 day wait I received an envelope with a code and then the next week another envelope with a pin.

Together with your typical FRO rather obscure instructions and I was ready!

First step is to sign up for the Service Ontario ONe-key, then once you have done this you go to,the link for FRO online and with your id and pin you access the FRO online and using your case number you enter into your case!

What's there. Well all your statement of payments, your details, an option to send case related information to your case worker.

It's tricky to setup. Your id and pin is only good for one time, so make sure you enter it exactly as written. I mistook a 0 zero for,an O and had to wait 2 weeks for a new pin to be sent.

So once in, you have the usual government contact information,and help lines etc and the. You have your case

What in there,

Your case information
        case support obligations
        case enforcement in place in your case
        Your requests requests( this is a 2 way communication portal)where you can send questions, get responses,Moses the progress of your request and attach documents.
        Financial summary
        Statement of account.

It's not earth moving but it's a start.

You request this from your case management person.

Good luck.

Comment

Great info, thanks beachnana!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone know if this is also available to payors? I presume there would be some case info that would not be shared, but, hopefully stuff like the recipient is claiming there are arrears (for example), and account transactions/balances would be public to both?

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyface View Post
              Anyone know if this is also available to payors? I presume there would be some case info that would not be shared, but, hopefully stuff like the recipient is claiming there are arrears (for example), and account transactions/balances would be public to both?
              I would presume FRO's setup would be for both payor and recipient. I have used the Alberta online for 6 years. I did happen to see my ex's (payor's) version one time (g/f isn't very bring and sent me a copy when I requested it). Payor's version showed late payment fees whereas on the recipient's (my) version it just shows the amount being deposited into my account. On the Alberta version it specifies the collection actions along with dates. Every time there is a new Order it shows up as well. I have made it a habit to keep a close eye on the MEP online thing over the years. I have caught many mistakes, particularly with what is being posted towards arrears as opposed to ongoing support payments. Had I not had the online version I probably wouldn't have noticed it at years end. I also find it particularly helpful to be able to talk to an enforcement officer while both of us is viewing the screen - they of course can see both payor and payee's versions.

I also note that sources of payments do not appear on payee's version but do appear on payor's version (just amount being deposited shows up). I suppose this is due to confidentiality which is a good thing for those people who pay in full on time.
              Last edited by arabian; 05-22-2016, 01:47 PM.

Comment

I believe it's available for both parties. As recepient we can see the amounts, arrears, enforcement actions.

We can see the court orders being enforced as well.
                Big step in the right direction.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X