Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hockey. Is it considered a extraordinary expense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
    Whether or not it is considered an extraordinary expense, if it's something that would fall on any of his time with the kids it he should be consulted beforehand. And whether or not he is paying, he is entitled to attend the activity.
    And he was consulted and asked if he thought it was a good idea. He replied yes, and said he knew all about putting children in hockey, as He had put his 2 step sons through hockey!

At no time was it suggested he not be able to attend games or that hockey would interfere with his visits. He has just chosen not to pay. The question was does he have a legal responsibilty to pay. I think a couple of the posters pointed out that at this level it is not considered Section 7. Thanks for the clarification.

However, on this note. He comes from a family of strong hockey players and will be playing for many years. Dad cannot even skate properly. So pardon me if I feel he is being vindictive. Because Dad is always about Being in control and winning against Mom.

Comment

Perhaps the father doesn't know what a "section 7" expense is? He might simply think that what he pays for CS covers everything. Before I joined this forum I had never heard of such things as section 7 expense.

Beachnanna I recall that your SIL lives in another province does he not? How was he planning to get the "used" hockey equipment to his son? Shipping/Canada post isn't cheap in itself.

This might simply be a matter of miscommunication. Perhaps send him some information in the mail about Section 7 (what it is and isn't).

MEP Alberta has made some changes regarding enforcement of Section 7. (I can't recall whether or not your SIL lives in Alberta or not): https://justice.alberta.ca/programs_...n7Expenses.pdf

Comment

I think you need to lay off the step children thing. His portion of hockey is covered by CS... if his new partner has her children the majority of the time and is paid CS, then it can be assumed their hockey is covered under CS, so yes maybe he/they did put two kids in hockey because they are paid CS for those kids and hockey is covered by their CS.

Mom can make the decision all she wants but if it effects dad's time, he doesn't have to take him. I am not saying Dad is the world's best Dad but every post of yours tries to paint him in a very bad light and in this case he has done nothing wrong except stand up to his ex and say no my cs covers hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
          And he was consulted and asked if he thought it was a good idea. He replied yes, and said he knew all about putting children in hockey, as He had put his 2 step sons through hockey!

At no time was it suggested he not be able to attend games or that hockey would interfere with his visits. He has just chosen not to pay. The question was does he have a legal responsibilty to pay. I think a couple of the posters pointed out that at this level it is not considered Section 7. Thanks for the clarification.

However, on this note. He comes from a family of strong hockey players and will be playing for many years. Dad cannot even skate properly. So pardon me if I feel he is being vindictive. Because Dad is always about Being in control and winning against Mom.
          Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
          Okay so we understand its not consider Section 7 good to know.

In future she will not need to bother asking him if he agreeable
          . I guess Mom can make that decision on her own as she will be paying. However, she was under the impression he wanted to participate. He agreed, when she communicated about the hockey and costs, to pay 50%. Then suddendly he backs out. Not much staying power as a father goes!

But I guess its a slap in the face when she asked if he is agreeable to put the boy in hockey and he responded that he is agreeable but he wants to be " in control" of the equipment ( his words) and then he completely bales on his own child. No hockey equipment purchased new or second hand or acquired from his stepsons. Especially after declaring he knows all about putting boys in hockey as he has put his 2 step sons in hockey!

Just a shame thats all. Still he has his Grandad, his Mom and me!
          Just clarifying based on your previous post.

Comment

Curious. CS..... Are we talking FULL?? I pay set off which is only )130$ a month but pay half of basically everything... School supplies... Soccer ect. Should I be??
            I'd like to get son in hockey too or at least try. But as mentioned. Pricey. House league here is like $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X