listed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listed

Isn't everyones divorce listed on line ? I can't remember what the site is called. Also doesn't the information go by province?

Originally posted by lobsterpot View Post
    Isn't everyones divorce listed on line ? I can't remember what the site is called. Also doesn't the information go by province?
    I don't think that everyones is listed on line. Just certain ones that make it the site I think you mean, canlii
    CanLII

Comment

well then how come I can go on the courts of nova scotia website and read other decisions that where made, but not mine . I went to court, did it myself. I finally got a certificate of divorce after some arguing at the court house. I got to pay ss and got the info from maintence. I want a copy of what the judge went on about.his decision. I was married for 12years and I only got to pay for 4 years. the judge said she could be retrained for work . he didn't like her. thank god I didn't have any child with her. court was very draining ,I will never marry again.

Comment

Originally posted by lobsterpot View Post
        well then how come I can go on the courts of nova scotia website and read other decisions that where made, but not mine . I went to court, did it myself. I finally got a certificate of divorce after some arguing at the court house. I got to pay ss and got the info from maintence. I want a copy of what the judge went on about.his decision. I was married for 12years and I only got to pay for 4 years. the judge said she could be retrained for work . he didn't like her. thank god I didn't have any child with her. court was very draining ,I will never marry again.
        Because not all decisions get published on the canlii website. I am not sure what their criteria is for having it posted.

Comment

You should be able to go the court that had your case and request your file. If you still have the case number that should make things easier.

Comment

Probably one of the other conspiracies of the legal system is what cases make it to become "jurisprudence"

Identifying the decisions that matter - CanLII

Only judgements of the APPEAL court are ALWAYS posted and even then what I've learnt is that the posted judgement only gives you part of the story.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X