Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motion to increase parenting time?

Hi All,

I have been involved in a criminal trial (false accusations) for 2 years that may be coming to an end in next 6 months. The accusations are against her and not the kids. I was heavily involved with kids lives before the allegations.

In December, my criminal lawyer will try to argue for a "stay" application to withdraw the charges. If it doesn't succeed, then in February we will go to our criminal trial. Then our Family Trial is in March (so, one months later).

I currently have limited supervised access (by my sister) for 4 hours every week. My ex has refused to expand parenting time even if it's supervised.

Does it make sense to bring a motion to increase parenting time before my family or criminal trial? I would be seeking an extra day or two with eventual graduation to overnight.

Thanks in advance

I wouldn’t. You’ve got your trial coming up soon and run the risk of losing the motion which means costs to your ex. You already posted elsewhere that you don’t have money. Wait for the criminal trial and go from there.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X