Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Jeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud ofJeff has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
How do you know you have a good family law lawyer?
That's a difficult question! I'm curious to hear what other people have to say, then I'll try to add my thoughts as well.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:42 PM

logicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura aboutlogicalvelocity has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via Yahoo to logicalvelocity

I think you would know you have a good lawyer when;

This give you sound legal advice on your situation,

They are very professional,

They keep you informed of your case in a timely manner,

They give you sound options to consider rather than litigation ie: mediation

They answer all your questions in laymans terms,

They take an interest in your case, committed etc

These are some reasons that come to mind
Old 11-06-2005, 10:59 AM

Anne is on a distinguished road

In my case, the lawyer I used was very balanced. ShHe presented options and cautioned me on a number of areas that I was letting my emotions rule. If I hadn't followed her advice, there would have been much more money spent on items that would not have turned out the way I wanted them to. It would have been very easy for her to charge for everything I wanted, but she provided the balanced advice that didn't necessarily mean money in her pocket.

I hear stories of people who have lawyers that let items linger and are non responsive. I would move on immediately...the system itself is slow, the last thing you need is a lawyer that doesn't respond.

Last piece of advice....YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:53 PM

Grace has a spectacular aura aboutGrace has a spectacular aura about

Jeff,

When you add your thoughts, please include what makes a "good client".

Thanks
Grace
Old 05-16-2007, 02:03 PM

Duped is on a distinguished road
Arrow Going through the oldies...

Came accross this post and was wondering what does make a good "lawyer" and a good "client". Jeff if you could please...

Thanks

Duped
Old 05-16-2007, 04:52 PM

Taestoy is on a distinguished road
Default in the case of my cousin......

Her lawyer found $100,000 of funds her ex was trying to hide plus he bold out told the ex to his face that he should shut his mouth and not even think twice of bullying his client which is my cousin which the ex liked to do. This lawyer wanted to grant my cousin an extra $800 a month in spousal support which she had right too thru the eyes of the law but turned down because she does well herself with her job and just wants this whole mess over with. Long story short hubby left his choice she was crushed he is a very selfish person my cousin was still on MAT leave, he also had an affair.

I guess that's what $400/hr buys you!!!!! But i thought wow a lawyer who is actually really fighting for her!
Closed Thread