Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Old 02-10-2021, 12:21 PM

canthisberight is on a distinguished road
Default how should this work?

Partners child fell...broke her glasses...needs replacement...mother refuses to buy them...so he will pay the full amount...but how is this fair? He's already paying a hefty amount of child support.
Old 02-10-2021, 12:42 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Does he have benefits they can go under? Does mom?

Glasses are a section 7 expense if they are over $100. They have to be reasonable thoughno $700 frames. Can the glasses be fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2021, 01:09 PM

Yes to benefits..but cant use the glass part til mid May..because they are stuck on the "interim" agreement of two months.....(14 months ago) section 7 wasnt addressed...
Old 02-10-2021, 01:15 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Is buying the new glasses going to mean he is not going to eat this week? month?

Does his insurance have a health care spending account?

Does dad have an issue with buying glasses for his child so they can see?
Old 02-10-2021, 01:20 PM

Default No issues..

He will etransfer the money...its long and complicated...he has cashed in all the savings as he could..as he was on ei since September but kept paying his very hefty support payments. His disability has kicked in now so things will be ok.

Meanwhile his ex lives in a completely mortgage free house...gets more pension money then he does..based on the interim agreement that was supposed to be solved feb 2020..then covid cloded the courts
Old 02-10-2021, 01:23 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

how old is the child? if young- just pay it.

invoice mom for her share...and when she doesn't pay; add it to the court documents. although- this sounds like something to just let go. Is it fair? probably not. BUT it sounds like there are bigger fish to fry in your matter.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:51 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by canthisberight View Post
Meanwhile his ex lives in a completely mortgage free house...gets more pension money then he does..based on the interim agreement that was supposed to be solved feb 2020..then covid cloded the courts
You really need to let this go. He was married to this woman for a long time and accumulated assets. For various reasons she is entitled to ongoing support. If it was as simple as she is not entitled to anything and hes just a poor broke schlep then it wouldnt be going through court the way it is with stuff broken down how it is.

Kids break glasses. They lose retainers. They need extra stuff. They go to school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2021, 06:05 PM

Agreed with all points above...will be happy when its resolved and I have no issues...and never have with him sipporting his child.

I do have issues with the stalling to get it done..by his ex...for 3 years next month
Old 02-10-2021, 11:14 PM

Stillbreathing will become famous soon enough

Canthisbetight 3 years isn’t stalling. That’s run of the mill normal. I’ve now entered into my 10th year of unrelenting litigation because my ex stalls, adjourns and has generally been getting away with everything you can imagine. When you get to 10 years it’s evolved into a grotesque human rights violation . I have no words to describe it. Agony, torture, the stuff of nightmares; none of those descriptions even come close to describing what 10 years of unrelenting litigation is like. Count yourself lucky you’re only in your third year!
Old 02-11-2021, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillbreathing View Post
Canthisbetight 3 years isn’t stalling. That’s run of the mill normal. I’ve now entered into my 10th year of unrelenting litigation because my ex stalls, adjourns and has generally been getting away with everything you can imagine. When you get to 10 years it’s evolved into a grotesque human rights violation . I have no words to describe it. Agony, torture, the stuff of nightmares; none of those descriptions even come close to describing what 10 years of unrelenting litigation is like. Count yourself lucky you’re only in your third year!
Uughhhh..how do you afford this? I hope we /he/they can get it straightened out this year