Complaint about a judge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complaint about a judge

I have had several appearances before a certain Justice on Motions. The last one was a SC so I will never have them again at either a Motion or Trial; they are not my case management Judge. I have also won, and won bigly, at each of the appearances, so I have no complaints about their rulings and their written decisions are fair.

But their behaviour in the courtroom, was, in my opinion, bullying and unnecessary towards a SRL. I know Judges are, more or less, a law unto themselves but there is the option of writing to the judicial counsel. I feel I am obligated to write them with my specific complaints, even though it is likely to be yelling into the void, because if this is the way *I* am treated, I cannot imagine how the more vulnerable members of society are treated who would never dare complain.

Anyone have any experience or suggestions here?

Bigly is not a word. But here’s another thread where this was discussed. The search option is your friend here.

Complaint against a Judge!
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bigly is in the Oxford Dictionary (the one true dictionary!). I assume you do not read a lot of late Middle English literature.

I have been on this board a long time. I have seen the other threads. That is why I specified my complaint was different because I won (and the ruling is well past appeal deadlines which I am sure their senior counsel would have appealed if possible) whereas with the other complaints it is difficult to tease out if the complaint is based on disappointment with a ruling against them, misaprehending the rules/case law/legal principles, and/or the behaviour of the Judge.

Comment

If you read that thread, sahajbee won the motion and still filed a complaint.

The bottom line is, judges seem to be above reproach so your complaint won’t go anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the name, I’ll look up the thread - I don’t use tapatalk so your link does not work for me.

Comment

Here is the link: https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ight=complaint

Comment

Originally posted by tilt View Post
              I have also won, and won bigly, at each of the appearances, so I have no complaints about their rulings and their written decisions are fair.
              You won your motions and yet you still want to take shots at the judge? Take the "wins" and walk away. Moreover, if you have been in court before, there is possibilities you will be in court again. Why would you want to put a mark against your name? Judges are intelligent people and would certainly remember the name of someone trying to reprimand them professionally. Just walk away, talk to a therapist if you need to vent on how you were treated in court, despite winning.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X