Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchanging tax info

Odd question...

My man is not paying cs at the moment as his kids are not eligible (and have not been for almost a year). He has a sc in June which will address IF he will have to pay going forward as his kid has not spoken to him in four years and may not even be attending post secondary.

Does he have to share his tax info on May 1 as outlined in their agreement? Or should he wait until he has to provide his documents for the sc?

What is the drawback of providing the tax info?

I feel if you are going to be speaking to a judge, it is best to walk in with a track record of full transparency, even if said transparency was not actually required.

...unless there is a drawback to providing that information. There might be some tactical consideration I have missed.

Comment

He’s Captain Privacy of the S.S.Freak Show. Doesn’t like giving her any unnecessary info unless he absolutely has to. He wants to know if he really has to send it when technically he’s not required to pay support.

She always sends hers late. I told him we could simply send it a day after hers.

Comment

Typically the agreements have a standard clause ".... as long as there are children of the marriage..." look over carefully as it is a pretty standard clause with any support order.

Comment

Thats the thing...there is a clause around the whole as long as the order is in effect. The problem is, it won’t go into effect until September IF she goes to school and IF a judge agrees she is a child of the marriage.

I think I’m just going to overrule him and send it. He hates when I do that but he needs to get over his attitude about her. He will be done dealing with her crap soon.

Comment

I completely understand where he is coming from. Why cooperate and help people who have screwed you over to screw you over even more?

At that point your man is, I would be moving to Thailand or Phillipines and would not be wasting my time in a country that wrecks fatherhood in such ways.

But if there is light to the end, it's best to comply with the procedures. Even though they are broken, redundant, or don't make any sense a lot of the times. Just comply and see if he is dealing with a justice system or hot fire in hell. If most always the latter if we are talking about dad.

If his ex is ever here reading this, I just want you to know you are the very few people that if I ever witnessed in a serious car crash, I would sit there and watch you suffer each and every single one of your breath.

And to you, his present partner, thank you for being a fine example of a true woman and sticking by his side. His ex should only dream of having another man like him even look at her.
            Last edited by tunnelight; 03-08-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X