Habitual Residence of Child/Hague Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Habitual Residence of Child/Hague Convention

An interesting case from Alberta (short read). Parents move from Canada to France. Father works oilfield in France and Alberta (commuting). While in Calgary the Father has child come to visit him and he refuses to return child.

http://www.canlii.org/en/ab/abqb/doc...17abqb194.html

Reasonable result. Father was an idiot for thinking he could pull off this stunt.

Comment

Completely reasonable result, yes. He should have known what was coming.

However I could not help taking note to the biased and irrelevant comment from the judge whereby the father's statement is said to have allegedly occurred, while the mother truthfully stated it was not. para 9. Maybe the father was true and the mother alleges it not to be true... there is no proof for either side. Yet the judge seems to lean openly toward supporting the mother.

Relationship status or reason or fault of marriage failure is irrelevant due to no-fault divorce; yet it had to be implied that the fathers statements were all alleged vs the mothers word taken at 100% truth.

LOL makes me sick.

This could have been me....my ex tried to get me to move south of the border 6 months prior to her leaving me for another man. But I investigated what her true intentions were....not allegedly...

"Lets move to France, if I'm happy...we will all be happy....{sucker}...now get out and pay up"

MGTOW

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X