This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    Agreed Nadia. The thing a judge will expect of any unrepresented litigant is to understand the documents, what is an affidavit (sworn statement) and what is a technical document. If this matter is going to trial the OP in this matter will get slaughtered by the opposing counsel if they don't understand the Family Law Rules and what document constitutes an affirmation to the truth and what is just a form.
    It brings to mind what you Tayken posted in another thread here http://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/f...earches-11679/:

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
    I agree. More parents should be as courageous as WorkingDad to take on such a case themselves. The problem is that the system is setup in such a complex manner that self representation takes incredible dedication. Especially at trial!

Good Luck!
    Tayken

As has been the case for me so far as an unrepresented individual/father, when I get knocked down, I get up again, dust myself off and go back at it. Very frustrating for sure but it's what needs to be done.

Again, my arguments are for shared residence, with a parallel parenting plan that should respond to most of children's needs and wishes as far as I can see. While I do get confused from time to time about forms, definitions etc, I feel I am totally on the right track by studying the CanLII literature and the law itself. Exactly the reason this forum is important to me, because from time to time I am made aware of legal arguments to support a shared custody arrangement.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X