Change to Child Access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change to Child Access

Hi there Im looking for some help hopefully somebody can direct me.

I have my boys 15/12 and I signed up for summer soccer at my expense, and mom (we are divorced and shared custody) decided no to allow the kids to play soccer because Soccer is not during my days, nor she will take them to play.

I offered to pick them up and drop them off and her answer was No, because these are my days.

There is no way to rationalize with her my only way to make sure my boy enjoy a summer activity is getting a court order.

What documents do I need to fill up ?

then sign them up for something that is only on your days. You cannot dictate what she does with the kids on her parenting time.

Comment

You will not be successful in court, especially since this is a new thing for them. As standing stated, you cannot dictate what she does on her time and trying to get a court order for this will not end well for you. Best to sign them up for activities on your time only.

Comment

I see how frustrating this could be for you and the children.

If it is really important to the children, at that age they should be able to communicate that to their mother, maybe then she will be willing to come up with an arrangement.

If that doesn't work I don't see court being a good option. She is their custodial parent as well and if she does not believe that soccer is a priority the you can't force her to. There are many other things the kids can do.

I would try and find an activity for your time with them.

To answer your question about what documents to fill out you could do a motion and a supporting affidavit but as the others have said there is very little likelihood that it will be a productive motion, and you could very well get hit with costs.

Comment

In addition to the above comments, could you consider switching times./evenings with the other parent to accommodate?
          Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X